The Walking Dead Season 8 Episode 16 "Wrath" Discussion Thread

In the comics, whose the big bad after Negan is captured?

A woman named Alpha, who leads a group called the Whisperers that uses walker skin as masks to blend in among herds. They're pretty much nihilists who want to live like animals rather than part of a society. Maria Bello was rumored to have been cast in a part on the show in season 8 a long time ago. Many speculated that this would be Alpha, but it turned out to just be a rumor as neither Alpha nor Maria Bello appeared on the show this season. But given all the changes the show has made, who knows what will happen. The Whisperers would be a logical next step, but Carl played a big part in that storyline in the comics so I don't know how they're going to approach that.

A woman named Alpha, who leads a group called the Whisperers that uses walker skin as masks to blend in among herds. They're pretty much nihilists who want to live like animals rather than part of a society. Maria Bello was rumored to have been cast in a part on the show in season 8 a long time ago. Many speculated that this would be Alpha, but it turned out to just be a rumor as neither Alpha nor Maria Bello appeared on the show this season. But given all the changes the show has made, who knows what will happen. The Whisperers would be a logical next step, but Carl played a big part in that storyline in the comics so I don't know how they're going to approach that.

Seems to me this Civil War may be the replacement for the Whisperer War.

I really don't see there being a Civil War between Alexandria and the Hilltop.

Did you not catch that last scene?

Seems to me this Civil War may be the replacement for the Whisperer War.

I don't think there'll be an actual "war" between Rick and Maggie. If the show is as predictable as I think it is, they'll have their conflict with no casualties, but they'll set aside their differences to deal with the Whisperers.

Did you not catch that last scene?

I think Drizzle summed it up quite well, but I'd add for there to be a war, there would have to be two (or more) opposing factions. As of now, it's just Maggie, Jesus and Daryl conspiring against Rick about...something, with Rick none the wiser. I can't see the two groups taking up arms against each other, though. And I don't think it will be the main focus of next season.

did they run out of a budget for the finale or did they just wanna avoid the massive bloodshed?

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"