Stand-Alone Movies Shadows of the Empire - Movie adaptation?

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
With he announcement that most of the past expanded universe is no longer canon, i think it's time to talk about the next big stories after the movies, which are the multimedia projects. The first one being Shadows of the Empire, which was set between Episode V and VI.

Star-Wars-Shadows-Of-The-Empire-the-90s-23160681-400-257.jpg

The story was quite popular with fans. So the question is, should it be once again canon? And if so, do you think it deserves a movie adaptation or a Game Reboot?

THe problem with a film is that the characters would need to be recast, which wouldn't suit very well and if viewed between the original films, would look kind of awkward. Not to mention that the general public that hasn't watched the original films would be kind of confused.

Or should Disney go ahead and call the original novel canon?

I think they should do it, they would have to recast all the main roles, though. I've said before that I think Xizor is the best villain outside of the movies.

I voted for other: they could go the animated route with it.

I do think it will be scrapped though. But this is part of EU that i'll remember fondly, it was a cool read :woot:

I read the book and played the Nintendo 64 game, as well as had a few of the action figures. :D

I could see it done as a direct to DVD animated film? Something a lot like what DC does? It doesn't have to have the same kind of animation like TCW or Rebels, something more like Young Justice?

Also, Tom Hiddleston for Prince Xizor?

Last edited:
I suppose the animated route would be cool, but honestly I'm fine with it being an excellent novel, video game, and comic book telling different parts of the overall story. I don't really want a film adaption except for the fact it would make the events of Shadow of the Empire canon.

Loved the game for the N64. It'd be pretty sweet if they at least remade that for all consoles.

Other than that, maybe make an animated adaptation it in the style of The Clone Wars and Rebels?

This should never make into the big screen

I watched a youtube fan-film of Shadows of the Empire made with Kenner toys and blue screens. The cinematography and use of music is pretty decent. It's the voice acting that's terrible. But I watched it between ESB and ROTJ and it flowed real well actually.

i would love to see Shadows of the Empire get the live action treatment but the roles of Luke, Leia and Lando would have to be recast

however, if not a straight up adaption of Shadows of the Empire perhaps a spinoff of sorts that focuses on Dash Rendar that way not having to use Luke, Leia, etc.

To be honest, I'll take anything related to SOTE.

Not familiar with the story. But wouldn't mind a lot of the Legends stuff made into animated films. WB seem to kick out a lot of animated DC films. Can't see why Disney can't do the same with Star Wars. They won't need to worry about it being cannon either.

The only problem with Shadow of the Empire is that it kinda destroys the whole idea of the episode numbers. Would Shadow of the Empire become episode 6?? Bumping Return of the Jedi as Episode 7? I mean it wouldn't be a stand alone since there is a lot of focus on Han, Luke, Leia and Vader.

I say they should just make a video game reboot for the Ps4. That would be wonderful!

The great thing I found about Shadows of the Empire was that it was a comic, novel, and video game each telling a different part of the same massive story. I don't think a film would do it justice. It even had a soundtrack!

I had the soundtrack!.My sister gave it to me for Christmas a long time ago. :woot:

Actually I think I still have is somewhere! :wow:

I had the soundtrack!.My sister gave it to me for Christmas a long time ago. :woot:

Actually I think I still have is somewhere! :wow:
Mine is pretty active and in my iPod :cwink:

an HD remake of the Nintendo 64 game would be pretty awesome!

I think it would be cool if we got a CGI animated adaptation of the multimedia project, in the animated style of Rebels or The Clone Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"