Comics Should there be Superman's Pal: Jimmy Olsen & Superman's Girlfriend: Lois Lane today?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Back in the '50s, there existed two Superman related books: Superman's Pal: Jimmy Olsen, that focused on Jimmy Olsen's adventures and Superman's Girlfriend: Lois Lane that did the same thing for Lois Lane. Both would eventually come together and get retitled into Superman Family which lasted from 1974 to 1982, where it was cancelled.

Since the comics are bringing back elements from the Silver Age now, should these comics return as well?

I actually think Superman's Pal: Jimmy Olsen would be brilliant with the proper writer. Of course, it should be treated as either a comedy, a really weird sci-fi story, or most preferably both. I'd love to see Dan Slott write a Jimmy Olsen series if he ever writes for DC again.

I remember that Will Pfiefer came to my college once (he lives and works in my hometown of Rockford) and he said he'd love to write a Jimmy Olsen book.

If there were a Jimmy Olsen book, I'd buy it.

It could work, but only as a mini-series IMO.

I'd buy a Jimmy Olsen mini-series depending on the writer, artist, and plot

A Lois Lane book would probably be lacking, although I think an Olsen book could do well. Possibly better if it was just a mini-series like the previous posts suggest.

Well, I'd love a Lois Lane book, but it would really struggle in the storyline department.

A mini series event wouldn't be bad. I do think Lois and Jimmy need a bit more spotlight like in the Silver Age, but I don't think a full blown title is the way to the go.

Lois Lane wouldn't really work in my opinion, but a zany little mini about Jimmy Olsen has the potential to be, quite frankly, awesome.

Lois Lane doesn't work anymore. If I recall, "Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane" primarily focused on Lois' zany attempts to get Superman to marry her, occasionally gaining super-powers, and competing with Lana Lang. I guess it might be interesting to see a mini focusing on her and how she deals with being the wife of Superman, and maybe a good old fashioned reporter story (a la All the President's Men or something), but I don't see it working.

Jimmy Olsen is definitely the best bet, and I really think if you had the right writer, it has potential to be a quirky sort of ongoing series...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"