So I just bought the long halloween

I just bought The Killing Joke, which is my first comic/graphic novel and it was a lot shorter than I expected. I shouldn't be surprised, I understand, as it's just a one piece issue, but I was still quite amazed how quickly it went by.

I thought it was a great story that I hope will grow more with me over time. The problem is I didn't get the last joke nor the final ending. :huh: I assume some of it was meant to be left ambiguous but I still feel I'm missing a lot. I'm hoping to pick up Year One soon though.

You didn't get the last joke? The flashlight joke? Really?

I laughed my ass off when I read that.

If you guys like Loeb/Sale Batman stories, you guys should definitely pick up Superman For All Seasons.

i love this book and i dont generally care for superman comics.

I heard I should get all Seasons, but I really really don't like Superman. I did love Red Son though

i dont really care for his books either but All Seasons is excellent. worth it for the artwork alone.

You didn't get the last joke? The flashlight joke? Really?

I laughed my ass off when I read that.

Gaah! I just got it now. When he said "beam" I thought he was shining a light onto a plank of wood to walk across so the second guy could see what he was walking on. It all makes sense now that I realise the beam is the damn light beam!

Strangely enough, I just finished The Killing Joke the other night...and I'm probably gonna get flamed all to hell for this, but I was really dissapointed. I mean there was so much hype surrounding it, I just expected it to be better. I'm actually enjoying Loeb and Sale's stuff more. :brucebat:

I have Daredevil yellow and I love it. Though I am trying to get into more daredevil stories

I have Daredevil yellow and I love it. Though I am trying to get into more daredevil stories

Pick up Miller's stuff. It's essential. If you have the money, pick up the Bendis omnibus and Brubaker's run picks up right after that.

Pick up Miller's stuff. It's essential. If you have the money, pick up the Bendis omnibus and Brubaker's run picks up right after that.
Thats more or less the order I am going for, oh and squeezing some Kevin Smith in there

I've had all of Miller's stuff for awhile, but i picked up "Underboss" a few weeks ago and :wow: It was incredible. If i had the money, i'd buy the rest of them. My comic shop has the omnibus, but without a price sticker. I know for a fact that they're not selling it for retail price, because it's in their discount section(i grabbed Absolute DKR for 45 bucks last December), so i imagine it's pretty cheap. But alas, again i have no money.:csad: But i read that it only collects about half of his run. Is this true?

and my school has "Hell To Pay: vol. 2" in its bookstore, which i sat down and read. It was really good, but i also wanna start at the beginning of Brubaker's run(i gotta grab his Captain America stuff too). I hate having no money.

Never been much of a Daredevil fan, but I am a Miller fan, so I'll have to check that out. Especially if it's handled as well as TDK Returns.

Never been much of a Daredevil fan, but I am a Miller fan, so I'll have to check that out. Especially if it's handled as well as TDK Returns.

Daredevil: Born Again and Elektra: Assassin(in my opinion, Miller's best work).

which miller comic is the one to start with?

I'd say "Daredevil: Visionaries: Frank Miller" vol. 2 and 3, which has the Elektra storyline, which is great, Daredevil: Born Again(probably the best Daredevil story ever. Miller and Mazzuchelli.) and Elektra: Assassin(if you can find it. Miller and Bill Sienkiewicz)

I'm sorry could someone point me to the batforums I seemed to have slipped and fallen in the Marvel universe. :woot:

I think I'm the only person here who thinks that Long Halloween is overrated

I just read Dark Victory for the first time, i wasn't really blown away or anything but it was a good solid read, i love Sale's artwork, except for his Joker. I was also hoping to see more of Mr Freeze and poison ivy but whatever, no big deal. Solid read tho, was wondering if Hulk Gray was worth picking up?

Could someone reccommend a good story with Doctor Destiny in it? He's an awesome villain, I just can't seem to find alot with him in it.

um mentioned in Arkham Asylum..
must not be that great of a villain if there is not a lot of material on him.

I've had all of Miller's stuff for awhile, but i picked up "Underboss" a few weeks ago and :wow: It was incredible. If i had the money, i'd buy the rest of them. My comic shop has the omnibus, but without a price sticker. I know for a fact that they're not selling it for retail price, because it's in their discount section(i grabbed Absolute DKR for 45 bucks last December), so i imagine it's pretty cheap. But alas, again i have no money.:csad: But i read that it only collects about half of his run. Is this true?

and my school has "Hell To Pay: vol. 2" in its bookstore, which i sat down and read. It was really good, but i also wanna start at the beginning of Brubaker's run(i gotta grab his Captain America stuff too). I hate having no money.

The last issue in the omnibus is #60 and I think he ended his run around #85. I'd get the omnibus and pick up the last few trades, or just wait if they make a second omnibus.

I just read Dark Victory for the first time, i wasn't really blown away or anything but it was a good solid read, i love Sale's artwork, except for his Joker. I was also hoping to see more of Mr Freeze and poison ivy but whatever, no big deal. Solid read tho, was wondering if Hulk Gray was worth picking up?

All of their marvel books are worth picking up.

Daredevil: Yellow
Hulk: Gray
Spiderman: Blue
and there's a new one coming out in october, Captain America: White.

um mentioned in Arkham Asylum..
must not be that great of a villain if there is not a lot of material on him.

He's a great villain, but he's mostly in Justice League type material, though he was placed in Arkham Asylum. He does make a small appearance in the graphic novel, but Batman pushes him down a flight of stairs. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"