Comics Spider-Man Free Comic Book Day...what?!

shinlyle

King of the Haters
Reaction score
As much as I think Aunt May is an important character, I wouldn't think it a bad idea to have her die. And if it is used as a means to reverse OMD...I think it's not a bad idea.

It's been 10 years since OMD and that story along with OMIT, are still making top 10 lists about the worst comic stories. I don't think Marvel anticipated people/fans would be still talking about this after all these years.

As much as I think Aunt May is an important character, I wouldn't think it a bad idea to have her die. And if it is used as a means to reverse OMD...I think it's not a bad idea.

It's been 10 years since OMD and that story along with OMIT, are still making top 10 lists about the worst comic stories. I don't think Marvel anticipated people/fans would be still talking about this after all these years.

The fact that there are NO redeeming qualities about it after all these years should say all you need to know. The art sucked for both stories, and the story for OMD was SO BAD that JMS asked to have his name taken off of the last part. OMIT went back and tried to tell us what "really" happened in the stories we read so long ago...and did it poorly.

Also, it's apparent that some comics pros don't like it very much either, as Spencer blatantly pointed out it's problems in his first issue by referencing pre-OMD issues a mere 2 issues after issue 800 said that Peter and MJ shouldn't be together.

And, as I said when I finally gave BND a chance, I swore that, if the stories and artwork were good enough, I could look past all the crap. There were some good stories, but for the most part, they ranged from mediocre to bad...and the good ones couldn't outweigh the the negativity that stemmed from having Peter and MJ make a DEAL WITH THE STINKIN' DEVIL.

Ahem.

That being said, Spencer's run has been the first time I've enjoyed ASM regularly since 10 years ago. If he's behind this, then I'll give it a solid shot.

Couldn't agree more with your post, my friend.

NO redeeming qualities whatsoever and then I read OMIT... and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, lol. That story was complete garbage.

Couldn't agree more with your post, my friend.

NO redeeming qualities whatsoever and then I read OMIT... and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, lol. That story was complete garbage.

Yeah, let's rewrite the good comic from the 80's and tell you that is "how it really happened". Sorry, revisionist history is the tell-tale sign you are doing something wrong. I remember a bookstore going out of business around where I live. They sold out of all their hardcover EXCEPT 2. Ultimate Iron Man and One More Day. I like to think the latter was just burned. UIM just held no interest for me. I'm sure it was better than OMD, though.

Yeah, it's not just the revisionist story, it's how they executed it. Spider-Man is rendered unconscious by falling a distance to the ground with a thug landing on top of him and then misses the wedding...right :dry:
Spider-Man has lifted tons of rubble off himself at the point of exhaustion, he's stopped the Juggernaut single-handed, trounced the X-Men, beat down the Firelord--Herald of Galactus, risen from the grave, etc. and, lol, is finally rendered unresponsive from a thug landing on top of him... GTFO. If only all the super villains he's ever faced knew that from the beginning--just drop a thug on him. But good thing they didn't otherwise I'm sure ASM would've had maybe only like 5 or 6 issues.

Yeah, it's not just the revisionist story, it's how they executed it. Spider-Man is rendered unconscious by falling a distance to the ground with a thug landing on top of him and then misses the wedding...right :dry:
Spider-Man has lifted tons of rubble off himself at the point of exhaustion, he's stopped the Juggernaut single-handed, trounced the X-Men, beat down the Firelord--Herald of Galactus, risen from the grave, etc. and, lol, is finally rendered unresponsive from a thug landing on top of him... GTFO. If only all the super villains he's ever faced knew that from the beginning--just drop a thug on him. But good thing they didn't otherwise I'm sure ASM would've had maybe only like 5 or 6 issues.

I am now happier than ever that I never read that crap-fest. Yeah, It's like, Spidey can do amazing things..but other times, he forgets that his spider-sense is buzzing or, you know, that making a deal with Mephisto seems to have undesirable consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"