• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Spider-man is now a Vampire?

fangrl06 said:
:huh: I'm sorry...what?

sorry :woot: Guess I was too pissed to write carefully.

so now blade is taking his turn kicking SM's ass and making him the joke of the MU. they are really out to ruin and humiliate this character, boycott for me

HoratioRome said:
sorry :woot: Guess I was too pissed to write carefully.
LOL....okay, I get you.

BTW: Are you a fan of Shakespeare? Just had to ask because of your name.

Although Ultimate Spider-Man is a good book, it isn't in continuity for the actual Marvel universe (the 616 as we all affectionately call it). They are free to do whatever they want with the Ultimate universe, becuase it has no prior connection, just a passing resemblance. So it's fine if he dates Kitty Pride for instance (which I really liked) because he has no legacy driven obligation to Mary Jane. The 616 books are another story all together. Amazing had Sins Past...Spectacular had the awful stories about a catatonic Flash, and the return of the Man-Spider, which just led to some terrible new powers. And all of the books gave birth to The Other. Spider-Man is pretty much ruined goods outside of the movies and the Ultimate universe.

Arach Knight said:
Although Ultimate Spider-Man is a good book, it isn't in continuity for the actual Marvel universe (the 616 as we all affectionately call it). They are free to do whatever they want with the Ultimate universe, becuase it has no prior connection, just a passing resemblance. So it's fine if he dates Kitty Pride for instance (which I really liked) because he has no legacy driven obligation to Mary Jane. The 616 books are another story all together. Amazing had Sins Past...Spectacular had the awful stories about a catatonic Flash, and the return of the Man-Spider, which just led to some terrible new powers. And all of the books gave birth to The Other. Spider-Man is pretty much ruined goods outside of the movies and the Ultimate universe.
Hold up SMfans...yeah, a few books haven't been great, but think about how it was in the sixtes. Not every book was golden. Yeah, they had some good stuff but remember the enforcers? The seventies and the eighties had some dry spots as well. Let's not give up so soon.

Too late. Spider-Man is still my favorite super hero (though my second favorite, Batman, stands a good chance of taking that spot if Marvel keeps this up). I just really am sick and tired of Marvel's crap right now. And I can tell you the root of the problem. Marvel has this unwritten, yet highly spoken policy, which is "The worst reaction, is no reaction." With that in mind, both Bendis and Quesada have expressed on various occasions, that they would rather piss fans off, or please them, than get no reaction at all. The bad part of that ideaology, is that they are okay with pissing off fans, because at least they have the fans attention. It's sort of right up there with the whole "any press is good press." So lets review the seemingly systematic boning of my favorite super hero, since i've been about 13...

-Peter Parker wasn't the real spider-man
-Green Goblin never died
-Kill Peter Parkers child
-Kill Aunt May
-Ressurect Aunt May
-Clone Saga)
-Break up with MJ
-Spider gods/mystical origin of the powers
-new lame powers (talking to insects)
-Green Goblin nails Gwen Stacy because she wanted to f*** him
-Sins Past
-The Other
-Unmasking

Who knows what's up next for our wall crawling friend? Probably the death of MJ, seeing as we have all seen that promo art of him holding MJ's tomb stone. The only other Marvel character to get it this crappy, is Jean Grey.

Arach Knight said:
Too late. Spider-Man is still my favorite super hero (though my second favorite, Batman, stands a good chance of taking that spot if Marvel keeps this up). I just really am sick and tired of Marvel's crap right now. And I can tell you the root of the problem. Marvel has this unwritten, yet highly spoken policy, which is "The worst reaction, is no reaction." With that in mind, both Bendis and Quesada have expressed on various occasions, that they would rather piss fans off, or please them, than get no reaction at all. The bad part of that ideaology, is that they are okay with pissing off fans, because at least they have the fans attention. It's sort of right up there with the whole "any press is good press." So lets review the seemingly systematic boning of my favorite super hero, since i've been about 13...

-Peter Parker wasn't the real spider-man
-Green Goblin never died
-Kill Peter Parkers child
-Kill Aunt May
-Ressurect Aunt May
-Clone Saga)
-Break up with MJ
-Spider gods/mystical origin of the powers
-new lame powers (talking to insects)
-Green Goblin nails Gwen Stacy because she wanted to f*** him
-Sins Past
-The Other
-Unmasking

Who knows what's up next for our wall crawling friend? Probably the death of MJ, seeing as we have all seen that promo art of him holding MJ's tomb stone. The only other Marvel character to get it this crappy, is Jean Grey.
All of that is pretty crappy except the break-up with MJ...but, I still think SM is head and shoulders over the competition. There has been some good things in the Marvel universe as well. Ultimate Spider-man was good, Marvel knights was good and SM India was okay. I guess we'll just see what happens next. As long as they don't kill off MJ I'm sure we'll get out of this slump sooner or later.

Well, I have the known pattern for dropping books when the going gets tough. When I was 14 or so, I stopped reading Marvel books all together because of the clone saga. Then came Superman Blue and AzBat, which caused me to stop reading DC. WildCats tapered off and Spawn got annoying, so I had a five year hiatus from comic book reading. I then returned to comic books when I was at Borders and I saw the first book in the Ezikiel saga. The idea of an old man with the same powers as Pete, intruiged me. So I bought that issue, and I kept on buying. So i've been back at comic reading for a few years now. Sadly however, the same writer who made me love Spider-Man again, is the same writer that contributed to my current disdain. Mix that with some other Marvel mishaps, and I figure that I just needed some space. Thankfully, DC is keeping things under control. Maybe my reactions are a little too knee jerk...but I just like what I like. What can I say.

I love Spider-man. DC just never did it for me, even though I really liked WW and Supergirl because they were women with power, but SM has always done it for me. Why don't you just wait it out and see if they kill off MJ or not?

Wait.. wait. Blade shot off his kneecaps?!?

Um, Pete doesn't regenerate (except for the Other, but that was supposed to be a one-time deal, right?).

Mara Jane said:

Um, Pete doesn't regenerate (except for the Other, but that was supposed to be a one-time deal, right?).
I really could not tell you. They really didn't explain anything. They didn't explain why he was a vampire, how he became a vampire, what he was doing fighting BLADE, and how he could just go back to normal. They just used Spider-man so they could get some people to buy BLADE for once...

Arach Knight said:
Well, I have the known pattern for dropping books when the going gets tough. When I was 14 or so, I stopped reading Marvel books all together because of the clone saga. Then came Superman Blue and AzBat, which caused me to stop reading DC. WildCats tapered off and Spawn got annoying, so I had a five year hiatus from comic book reading. I then returned to comic books when I was at Borders and I saw the first book in the Ezikiel saga. The idea of an old man with the same powers as Pete, intruiged me. So I bought that issue, and I kept on buying. So i've been back at comic reading for a few years now. Sadly however, the same writer who made me love Spider-Man again, is the same writer that contributed to my current disdain. Mix that with some other Marvel mishaps, and I figure that I just needed some space. Thankfully, DC is keeping things under control. Maybe my reactions are a little too knee jerk...but I just like what I like. What can I say.

for one so young, you're what 23 now? and for someone who started reading in the 90's you get it totally.
you must be one a dam geniuses.
but seriously your analysis is spot on, and I agree with everything.
I stopped buying new books a while ago.

fangrl06 said:
I really could not tell you. They really didn't explain anything. They didn't explain why he was a vampire, how he became a vampire, what he was doing fighting BLADE, and how he could just go back to normal. They just used Spider-man so they could get some people to buy BLADE for once...
this is just ridiculous.

Mara Jane said:

Huh? :huh:

Stupid Marvel.

HoratioRome said:
this is just ridiculous.
Yeah, it was. I hope they explain it in the next issue. I'm not going to buy it myself, but I might ask the guy who works at the comic book shop I go to. I'll let you guys know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"