Justice League SPOILER : How the Snyder cut should have ended

marvelboy10

Civilian
Reaction score
The movie ends with the knightmare scenes Superman arrives to kill Batman and his team. Bruce wakes up, then he meets martian manhunter. They have to be prepared for Darkseid potential arrival.

But this is really how the movie should have ended in my opinion to close this trilogy : no luthor cameo, no martian manhunter cameo, maybe the bruce scene in the lakehouse with the sun and superman visiting him, telling him they have unfinished business with darkseid, during the victorious ending.

Just after the victorious ending, chapter 8 begins "the end has no end", lois lane, waking up in the bat cave. Bruce explains that clark asks him to hide Loïs there in order to protect her from Darkseid. Clark knows she would have never accept to hide so that's why Batman had to put her to sleep. "what could gone wrong"

After the dialogue between them, the movie cuts to the knightmare timeline, same scene until Superman arrives. He kills Joker, Deathstroke, Mera and dismantle Cyborg with his ray. Batman yells to Barry "run". He did so, taking what's left of Cyborg. Superman grabs Batman and breaks his back. We really see him suffering in slow motion. They talk a bit about what happen to Loïs and how the world didn't need them after all. Batman spits to Superman face. Clark lets bruce dying slowly. Meanwhile, Flash and Cyborg are located at the seaside with panoramic view. Victor reveals that one-third of Earth's magma has been drained by the dark forces of apokolips and there's nothing they can do anymore.
- you know what you have to do, barry.
- Clean the board, start again. The world would change.
- And maybe, we will make the exact same mistake... Maybe we will fail over and over. Doesn't matter for now. It won't be perfect. But it will be a long side better than what we've got now.

As a result, Cyborg convinces Flash to run back in time and reboot the timeline again. Flash reluctantly does so and Superman, Batman, cyborg and darkseid watch as the timeline resets.

It would have conclude the snyderverse trilogy in the perfect way in my opinion. I don't think this would have need a sequel, ending like this. the narrative already explains what would create the knightmare timeline with cyborg vision before superman's ressurection : Darkseid and his forces invade the world, killing everyone, including Loïs Lane, making Superman his puppet thanks to the anti-life equation. Just add a glimpse of lex luthor telling to darkseid "i know the weakness of Kal el" before the vision of lois death. I don't think it would have been so interesting and unique to see this saga conclude with all the heroes united ala avengers endgame stopping darkseid contrary to what i suggest. This ending is tragic, ballsy and in some way beautilful.

Think about it : warner sucks and they clearly don't want their movies to be linked to the snyderverse anymore. So what a better way to end his saga with flash rebooting the timeline and join the dots with the new movies we have now, Shazam, WW84, Flashpoint taking place in the new timeline. :) Zack should have thought about this :'(

My inspiration from apokolyps war :

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"