• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man Stan Lee on his new cameo...for Spider-Man 4.

webhead731

I'm a photographer
Reaction score
"It’s been an exciting week for me, but I got a phone call last night that really flipped me out! I’m bustin’ to tell you about it. My pal Avi Arad, producer of the new Spider-Man movie, called to tell me how excited he is about the film. Then came the surprise—Avi told me my cameo is all set for Spidey 4, and when he described it, I realized it’s the best, most unusual one yet!I wish I could tell you what my cameo is, but that would kill the surprise. But I’ll tell you this much—I’m finally in an action scene!"

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113392-stan-lee-back-in-action-for-spider-man-reboot

Stan is in fact aware that Spider-Man 4 is NOT happening, isn't he? And what does he mean "finally in an action scene"?
Spider-Man 1 he was in the Festival, Spider-Man 2 he was in the street while Spidey was fighting Ock...sooo does that mean he's IN the fight or just in during the scene? :confused:
I love the guy, and when I met him this summer he was super nice, but wow lol.

I guess we can merge threads, I'm blind and didn't even see the "news" part of the one thread. My bad. :O

To be fair, technically, this movie is spider-man 4. For some people it's just easier to call it that as it's obviously the 4th movie about the character.

I wished he had called it Pider-Man.

I love Stan Lee and I owe like, half of my life to him, but I always hated his cameos. They really seemed to stop the movie, in my opinion. Much more in Spider-Man 3 than the other films, but still. He shouldn't be on screen for more than a second or two.

To be fair, technically, this movie is spider-man 4. For some people it's just easier to call it that as it's obviously the 4th movie about the character.

Well, Batman begins was called a prequel right?

Yeah but it's still the 5th batman movie.

Yeah but it's still the 5th batman movie.

That's the thing. It'd be the sixth if you consider Batman 66 and the seventh if you consider Batman Mask of the Phantasm.

Mask of the phantasm was a cartoon and batman 66 wasn't a cinematic blockbuster movie, it was more of a feature length special of the tv series.

Mask of the phantasm was a cartoon and batman 66 wasn't a cinematic blockbuster movie, it was more of a feature length special of the tv series.

Both were released on theaters as movies, not just special long episodes. And is any animated movie any less of a movie because it's a cartoon? Are Disney movies not movies, just cartoons?

Stan Lee is like 257 years old! give the guy a break!

EXCELSIOR!

How long you guys think the man has? Think he's 88...doubt he is going to live to the 100s but at his age he seems to act extremely young! He's so enthusiastic for a person in their late 80s.

The man may live forever.

How long you guys think the man has? Think he's 88...doubt he is going to live to the 100s but at his age he seems to act extremely young! He's so enthusiastic for a person in their late 80s.

The man may live forever.

here's hoping!

I like his Willie Lumpkin the best!

I hope he continues these cameo for a long, long time. I just wish they could get Steve Ditko in one of these Spidey movies...

The only distressing thing about the article above is the fact that Avi is still involved. I thought he had left Marvel after he screwed up SM3 by forcing Venom into the mix...

I think his cameos in the Iron Man movies are awesome. I mean, in one he's Larry King, in the other he is Hugh Heffner!

But I am not a big fan of any of his other cameos.

i hope when, or if, i reach 88 i am as enthusiastic and full of energy as Stan

Most of Lee's cameos have been fine. But when they overdo them it's not that good (Fantastic Four, Spiderman 3).

Stan Lee is like 257 years old! give the guy a break!

EXCELSIOR!

I, El Payaso, give you, Stan Lee, a break. :up:

i hope when, or if, i reach 88 i am as enthusiastic and full of energy as Stan

Then I suggest you start creating something amazingly legendary that becomes recognisable world wide asap.

I loved Stan Lee's How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way
51S04HVQX3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

@ first , there are more then 3 movies about spiderman , with nicholas hammond are there all ready 3
about the cameo , nice that he is back

and what about campbell , he got also 3 cameo's in the recent spider movies :woot:

I loved Stan Lee's How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way
51S04HVQX3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yeah, I had the book and it came in handy when i was doing comic strips as a teenager, John Buscema is still one of my fav artists of all time, and Stan's write ups were quite funny, something like 'We all know you want to start drawing DrDoom fighting the Fantastic Four, but right now you have to start with the basics of drawing lampshades and tables like Johhny did!'

I forgot they did a dvd of it, can't imagine it being better than the book, but it will have the advantage of seeing him doing it first hand. They had a lot of footage of artists sitting doing drawings from scratch on the extras of that dvd 'Once upon a time....the superheroes.', good documentary that dvd, nice 15min doc on Jack Kirby too on the extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"