Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues IV

Still depends on what you're buying. Cars and housing prices are still stupid high.

I still cannot fathom how wanting a higher unemployment rate when Republicans keep pushing for terminating programs for the unemployed is a good thing. You aren't working and therefore are not going to get help, but we also don't want so many people working, so **** you and your family for being the unlucky ones we're sacrificing for the economy.

Nothing they do makes sense.

NY Times - The Greatest Wealth Transfer in History Is Here, With Familiar (Rich) Winners
In an era of surging home and stock values, U.S. family wealth has soared. The trillions of dollars going to heirs will largely reinforce inequality.

CNBC - Here’s the average net worth of Americans ages 35 to 44 (Feb 2023)
Net worth (your assets minus debts) tends to increase with age. CNBC Select breaks down the average net worth of people in their 30s and 40s.

“Less than age 35: $13,900 median net worth $76,300 average net worth “

Inequality will get worse when you need money to make money and those already with the most have the most advantages by far.

Last edited:
If younger people don't inherit a house, most of them will never own one. Housing costs are so high its almost impossible to save any money for later. :(

Neil Bradley..."He served as deputy chief of staff for then-Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (CA)"

Today's Republicans are doing this to America, whether it's seditious attacks or trying to wreck the economy on purpose

15164.jpg

The only thing that gives me pause is - how much of this money is going towards helping Ukraine, something I want to happen. I don't think that is wasteful spending. But if there is other spending going on that can be cut, well, yeah, let's do that.

Once upon a time competitors used to look at their competition and undercut them. Now instead they look at similar companies with similar products and say to charge more than they do.

Last edited:
The ability to turn a blind eye to reality is something else.

How much do you trust SCOTUS.

Though, to be fair, they may allow it because of selfish reasons.

Neither would surprise me honestly. Would SCOTUS selfishly want avoid direct responsibility for pressing the "nuke the global economy" button? Or are they willing to initiate a second great depression just to own the libs? I'm frankly inclined to think the latter but I really hope I'm wrong.

Neither would surprise me honestly. Would SCOTUS selfishly want avoid direct responsibility for pressing the "nuke the global economy" button? Or are they willing to initiate a second great depression just to own the libs? I'm frankly inclined to think the latter but I really hope I'm wrong.

I meant selfishly, as in not wanting their own fortunes nuked. Pretty certain Thomas' patron doesn't want a default. Its definitely a type of ruling Roberts has wanted to avoid, and would violate most of the conservative's "its only okay if your are Republican". But then again, this is their own potential money we are talking about.

McCarthy is too stupid to be Speaker. :mad:

If the Supreme Court personally wrecks the economy, most Americans will be out for blood. Republicans won't win the presidency or congress for a looong time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"