State of Decay

It's the world where we live in, where you'll definitely see comments that are baseless or just not thought out. With games, so much of the mass market is made to be played through to completion and made to be easy enough for people can just tear through them that when you get a game that isn't like that, it's like a shock to their system.

I agree, people who complain about survivors not automatically being added and not being able to do all of the non-story events are missing the point. My brother has started playing it, and he can't put it down now. I think he's been on State of Decay binge for about a week and a half now.

Someday, I'll jump back in. And probably find all my survivors dead from neglect. But, maybe I'll find that Raylan Givens-esque survivor I've searched for before.

And Karen busted open a warehouse door right into a crowd of about ten zeds. Yikes! I was sure she was a goner but she got away and firebombed them with just a shred of health left. So I have grown to like her underdogness. She might be a halfwit alky but she's my halfwit alky.

That sounds like my girl! That's why she's one of my fav character!

Nothing screams badass than beating a bunch of Zeds to death with a frying pan!

I just thought they were some really dumb things to complain about. If you don't like games where you have to make hard choices why would you play one? Stick to your fps's and other railroady shooters and stop *****ing.

When you read gamers complaints about this game,like those you mentioned,You just KNOW that the reason they were complaining is mostly because they expected this game to be more like those FPS zombies games.The kind of zombie games where all you have to do is run around and massacre zombies. And when they found out that it's more than that,that's when they start complaining.ZIt would be fine if the complains were along the lines of: yeah...this game is just not my cup of tea...or something . But gamers being gamers, the complaints were more like: Too little actions! too many decisions making! this zombie shooter game is BROKEN!

Last edited:
Annoying at reading some of the complaints about this.

"Too many missions! How am I supposed to complete all these?"

"I hate enclaves, I wish people would just join me automatically!"

Inevitable someone points out that being harried and having to make tough choices is part of the genre, and some idiot will respond with crap like "It isn't good game design" or "it's a broken system" becasue you have to make choices between rescue/scavenger missions.

And then I throw up my hands because stupid people are apparently eternal. Do these losers really want a game to hold their hand every single step of the way? Have we really reached the point where exploration and choice is considered a hindrance?

Goddamn. The game has some problems but beign a railroad is not one of them.

That sounds too close to DSP, who you are describing.

That sounds like my girl! That's why she's one of my fav character!

Nothing screams badass than beating a bunch of Zeds to death with a frying pan!

When you read gamers complaints about this game,like those you mentioned,You just KNOW that the reason they were complaining is mostly because they expected this game to be more like those FPS zombies games.The kind of zombie games where all you have to do is run around and massacre zombies. And when they found out that it's more than that,that's when they start complaining.ZIt would be fine if the complains were along the lines of: yeah...this game is just not my cup of tea...or something . But gamers being gamers, the complaints were more like: Too little actions! too many decisions making! this zombie shooter game is BROKEN!

Those type of people ruin gaming, IMO.

Last edited:
Lost Marcus on a ****ing simple ass rescue mission. Walked out of a house right into a horde. The prick controls wouldn't even let me get in the car, and despite hammering away at the controller neither snacks nor medicine engaged.

Feeling a little pissed about it since I've been killing time for what seems like forever waiting for one of the final missions to pop up. I did the reservoir one w/Sgt. Tan a few weeks ago.

I don't want to say it's soured the whole experience but **** this. How long are you supposed to log in and twiddle your thumbs repeating inventory and rescue missions until the game decides to allow you to continue?

Didn't take me long man. So I don't know whats happening. Did you do the missions for other people? Or do you have no current missions?

I've done everything aside from the last three missions. Exit Strategy is the one I'm waiting for and it hasn't popped.

I mean it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of life, I'm not grinding my teeth over it or anything but right now I'm feeling kind of robbed. I should have already finished this bit it won't give me the mission.

Usually Lilly will remind you to ' check out that thing at the reservoir!' every time you just logged into the game.

Not sure if this has been posted or discussed but New DLC Incoming.

Undead Labs, the Washington-based developer behind the smash zombie-apocalypse survival simulator State of Decay, has revealed the name of its second downloadable expansion, State of Decay: Lifeline.

For the time, details are scarce. "We’re not yet ready to discuss features or make promises," Community Director Sanya Weathers wrote on the studio's site. "All we can tell you is that it will offer you a new way to play your favorite survival game."

Weathers did confirm one exciting feature we can expect in Lifeline. For the first time, players will be able to negotiate a new map in their bid for survival. Whether this map is a totally new locale or an existing part of the greater Trumball Valley we don't yet know, however, it's expected to "broaden your horizons by a few kilometers," she says.

PAX East 2014: State of Decay eyes multiplayer, stays offline

(1 day ago)
Horror, Game Mechanics, Interviews, Consoles, Events (Massively's Coverage), Post-Apocalyptic, Miscellaneous

The ground is fairly littered with zombie games of some sort these days. That isn't meant as a mark against Undead Labs' State of Decay, but it does raise questions of focus. How do you make a zombie game more unique? According to the studio's Jeff Strain at this year's PAX East, you focus upon building at the community level rather than individual survival. While games like DayZ focus on the personal, State of Decay is much more focused on the idea of putting society as a whole back together and trying to accumulate resources and structures for survivors as a whole.

Of course, most of our readers are more interested in what comes next, specifically Class4. That's the proposed sequel to State of Decay, previously codenamed Class3; it's meant to be a full MMO according to previous statements, a game in which you can worry about rebuilding not just a local community but the world as a whole. And Undead Labs certainly isn't hurting for talent that's familiar with online games, especially with the acquisition of ArenaNet co-founder Patrick Wyatt in January. So what's happening? Continue Reading

source:Massively

^I didn't notice you post upthread about the expansion. Also they added car inventories which should make suplly runs a lot less tedious: http://undeadlabs.com/2014/03/news/rucks-in-trucks-and-cars/

I haven't touched this game since February. I bet my safehouse has gone to hell lol. I'm a little afraid to log in and see. Truth be known losing Marcus sapped a lot of my enthusiasm, silly as it may sound.

I jumped back in the other day after months of not playing. Surprisingly nothing was wrong with my community. lol. No panic or death. I'm excited for the DLC. Hope its good!

I also took a peek at me community after a LONG hiatus....my supplies were down to one for each category and a lot of people were "missing" or "lost" :csad:

• State Of Decay: Year One Survival Edition Includes Free Unlocks Via Xbox One Challenges

Preview
    on Mar 09, 2015 at 09:33 AM
    xboxone-icon.png

State of Decay is looking sharp on Xbox One.
    ... More
source:GI

Really wish I had an Xbox One so I could play the new SoD version. Maybe someday.

Also with
18:42
Test Chamber - State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition

• 1 day ago

Lastly

source: GT Reviews Youtube channel & GI

Last edited:
I wouldn't say Lazy.. Because they were there in the original version. Game is so fun I don't really mind tho.

That's why it's lazy, you have a more powerful hardware, and the same problems persists? I heard that even the PC version has frame drops as well. I really enjoy State Of Decay, loved back at the 360's days, but I was expecting a more smooth experience with the XONE's version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"