Stores in NYC?

BingoJesus

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm in Manhattan next week and am on the look out for some decent comic stores, where's best? I know about mid-town comics, and I heard they've got another one now too (a few years ago?), and last time I was there I came across one that think was a little more uptown, but I can't really remember!

Any recommendations?

Also, I'll be in Brooklyn for at least one day, so any around there that you'd recommend would be cool also!

It's not fancy (in fact it's rather run down, cramped and a little messy) but I recommend St. Mark's Comics just cause it's cool that they're open til 2 AM

Midtown Comics has two large locations in Manhattan.

Cosmic Comics is a small shop, but I go to it often.

In Brooklyn, I go to Galaxy Comics, which is off the R train on Bay Ridge Ave. (I think).

I visited Manhattan last year and Midtown is right in the area. I'd recommend going there, I think it might be within several blocks of 42nd street.

Brooklyn has two real comic shops to visit, one of which has been mentioned. Galaxy Comics is located on Bay Ridge Avenue, it's right next to the Alpine Movie Theater, so you can buy some comics and take in a movie at one of the most rundown theaters in Brooklyn. As mentioned, take the R to Bay Ridge Avenue.

From there, St. Mark's Comics has a location in Brooklyn Heights. It's on Montague St, down the block from the R Train. The corresponding train stop for that location would be Court Street.

I'm sure there may be other shops around, but those are the two nicest in terms of selection, from what I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"