Supporting Cast Characterization Thread

Jonathan and Martha Kent:

I’ve always liked the idea of his parents being a little bit younger when they found Clark. It gives more credibility to them actually being his parents rather than grandparents and it contrast with Peter Parker being raised by the older uncle ben and aunt may. The only issue that potentially arises is if Pa Kent dies while Clark is young (teenager) how do you justify it? He could potentially have a heart condition in his family that is alluded to in the beginning of the movie, so the audience can believe he has a heart attack. Another option is to imitate what the comic has done recently in having Jonathan die as a result of Brainiacs attack. Perhaps he lives through the first movie but dies in the secound or third. It would allow us to revisit Clark’s youth again via flashbacks while not re-telling the origin story again. Also it would allow for some real character exploration with Clark/Superman, Martha, maybe lana, and pete ross.

Martha’s portrayal would be a younger version of Kay Callahan (I think that’s her name) the woman who played martha on Lois and Clark. She nailed the character and crafted a truly unique look at the woman who raised superman. I think a younger version of that character would add a lot of heart and humor to the movie without looking like a copy of aunt may.

As for Jonathan, I like the dad from Lois and Clark as well. The wise, but quiet/nurturing father. We have to keep in mind what makes Clark eventually choose to become superman, and that really is his upbringing. His father needs to evoke the kind of inner strength that superman will later embody. I don’t think his dad in smallville ever reached that level or inner strength. It all depends on how long he sticks around in the movie but care should be taken so the portrayal is accurate

One, I want younger Kents myself.

Two, the first parent that I would die is Martha Kent, not Jonathan. Change it up, explore the bond between mother and son and show Clark looking to Jonathan one last time to help through the grieving period.

personally i rather have both kents alive while clark is an adult. As for ages i would put them in mid to late 30s when they found him as a baby. so then when he is in his 20s/30s be 50s/60s and be just right age and all that.

One, I want younger Kents myself.

Two, the first parent that I would die is Martha Kent, not Jonathan. Change it up, explore the bond between mother and son and show Clark looking to Jonathan one last time to help through the grieving period.

Good points, that would be an interesting approach.

ps. thanks for the keeping the thread alive, we refuse to go to page two!

personally i rather have both kents alive while clark is an adult. As for ages i would put them in mid to late 30s when they found him as a baby. so then when he is in his 20s/30s be 50s/60s and be just right age and all that.

I agree, younger parents make so much more sense to me, another thing i feel like Smallville got right.

I hope we get a Lois in look, style, and acting that can equal that of Teri Hatcher from season 1/2/3 of Lois and Clark tv series.

yea they better dam well get lois right this time around, and have lois and clark actors have good chemistry together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"