Titans Teagan Croft is Raven

godisawesome

Sidekick
Reaction score
So, we've got a kid Aussie as our favorite sardonic superheroine. And she really is a kid; I can't help but think they dad that for dramatic purposes. They may use her age to highlight the despair of her fate as Trigon's agent, or to draw comedy from her comparative maturity, particularly if Beast Boy is roughly the same age.

Personally, I hope they copy the cartoon for her power set. Telekinesis and teleportation are clearly defined and practical powers.

Raven is my favorite Titan. First learned about her from the original TT animated show and I've been a fan of the character ever since.

so, I have high hopes and expectations for young Ms. Croft in the role as the 1st ever live action Raven.

her character is a little younger that what I had expected, but we shall see how that plays out.

and yes, the more they copy from her cartoon power set the better. I loved the "shadow/dark energy" style telekinesis. but they also have to showcase her empath abilities and of course her raven soul self.

I want them to show she's essentially the most powerful member of the group, while possibly being the youngest.

and for reference, yes I do want to see something like this.

[YT]yMvF_qJRmF4[/YT]

I wonder what the character dynamic between everyone will be like, especially since we now know that a 20 something y/o has been cast as beast boy. So we know no romance will exist between those two.

It fells like they cast a young girl to highlight the contrast between the character's innocence (not naivety; I mean that she is a good person) and her father's purpose for her. It also would allow them to kind of embrace her more aggressive moments as X-23-style situational dramedy. I feel like she's almost certainly going to be everyone's little sister.

tumblr_pc4a5a33dx1uvcgjlo1_540.gif
tumblr_pc4a5a33dx1uvcgjlo2_540.gif

tumblr_pc4a5a33dx1uvcgjlo3_540.gif
tumblr_pc4a5a33dx1uvcgjlo4_540.gif

tumblr_pc4a5a33dx1uvcgjlo5_540.gif

She's the weakest aspect of the trailer for me.

The dialogue, effects and costume for this character let me down for sure. I’d also agree that Raven seemed like the weakest part . I’m still going to stay optimistic though!

It's like she walked off of Charmed or Buffy. Yet, then you have Starfire looking so cinematic.

I think Beast Boy was the worst part of the trailer. But that's probably because I've always though that character looked ****ing stupid.

They are all varying degrees of awful looking imo. But the worst part? Probably Dick. Raven feels like something they could potentially make work, even as I doubt it.

My main problem with Raven isn't necessarily the way she looks. It's just the actress in general. She got the most to do in the trailer so naturally her sample size kind of dominates the impression for me. Her acting as well as the characterization of the character are awful in my opinion. I'll wait on the other characters once I see how they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"