• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Ten Justice League Questions

BH/HHH

You Are My World
Reaction score
1) What's Your Earliest Memory of the Justice League?

Its probably the Super Friends, I remember watching this as a kid.

2) What's Your Favourite Justice League comics story?

Justice by Alex Ross & Jim Krueger, its the perfect story for the JL, it manages to use just about every member of the JL and LOD in 3 books and not feel bogged down. Its simply brilliant.

3) Which Justice League incarnation in animation is your favourite?

Justice League/Unlimited

4) Why is that your favourite animated incarnation ?

I think living with these characters in a cohesive universe really helped, they felt real as characters. The series in its greatest moments was perfect, a truly amazing television series and one I'm glad I was able to see at it was happening.

5) Who is Your Favourite Justice League member other than Superman and Batman?

Its a toss up between Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and the Flash (Barry Allen).

6) What would you define as the roles of the big three Superman, Batman and Wobder Woman on the Justice League?

Superman is the leader, the public figure, Batman is the strategist and Wonder Woman is the warrior on the battlefield.

7) Henry Cavill is Superman, Ben Affleck is Batman and Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman who would you cast in the other roles for the JL?

In a world where anything is possible, Ryan Gosling as the Flash (Barry Allen), Jensen Ackles as Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and Peter Mensah as Martian Manhunter.

8) Who would you like to see direct the live action Justice League movie?

Zack Synder, nailed Man of Steel, nailed Watchmen, perfect.

9) Which villain(s) would you like to see in an upcoming Justice League movie?

Darkseid, just has to be him, he's the ultimate bad

10) What's your opinion of the nearly made Justice League: Mortal film?

I read the script, it was decent actually but needed a few changes, my main problem was with the casting, Jay Baruchel as Maxwell Lord, DJ Cotrona as Superman just ugh. So the finished product would have to have been top notch to really convince me.

Its also something I think could have worked better as a sequel too.

Watching the Justice League "Secret Origins" episodes.

I haven't read a lot, but I love the "Origin" arc by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee.

DCAU version, hands down.

Probably because it was my first exposure to the team, especially after previously watching the Batman and Superman animated series'. It also made me a fan of characters who I previously wouldn't want in a movie, such as John Stewart and Hawkgirl.

Wonder Woman

6) What would you define as the roles of the big three Superman, Batman and Wobder Woman on the Justice League?

Superman is the leader, Batman is the brains, and Wonder Woman is a warrior who shares the muscle with Superman.

7) Henry Cavill is Superman, Ben Affleck is Batman and Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman who would you cast in the other roles for the JL?

Dwayne Johnson as John Stewart/Green Lantern or Scott Porter as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Chris Pine as The Flash, Benedict Cumberbatch as Martian Manhunter, and Alexander Skarsgard/Armie Hammer as Aquaman.

Zack Synder

Darkseid or Brainiac

The story wasn't terrible, but could've used polishing. Also, the planned cast was terrible. I think it's for the best that it was shelved.

Watching the first episodes of JL the animated series.

Tower of Babel.

Bruce Timm's

IMO they are the most viable and great so far and had done so many comics arch from the comics.

Wondy

Superman the leader, Batman the strategist, Wonder Woman the warrior.

Jensen Ackles as Hal Jordan, Aron Paul/Ryan Kwanten or Bradley Cooper for Barry Allen/The Flash, Harry Lennix or Dwayne Johnson Martian Manhunter
John Stewart John Stewart.

Zack Snyder with Ben Affleck

Darkseid, Brainiac, Secret Society, Despero.

I think it was better they kept that way.

Definitely Super Friends on Boomerang. Nostalgia.

edit, didn't notice i left this one blank..probably Justice (love the LOD) or Geoff Johns' origin story :o

Justice League/Unlimited of course...still though I love ALL the Justice League DTVs. They're amazing. Flashpoint and Doom might be my favorites.

I have an unhealthy obsession with the DCAU.

Hal Jordan.

6) What would you define as the roles of the big three Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman on the Justice League?
Superman is the face, the leader and muscle, Batman is the brains and the strategist, I like when Wonder Woman is portrayed as a ruthless warrior

Ryan Gosling as The Flash, Idris Elba as John Stewart, Bradley Cooper as Hal Jordan

I'm looking forward to what Snyder does with this... can't think of anyone I'd prefer, it's hard to say

Darkseidor the Legion of Doom

Liked the script, and I followed the preproduction closely. I wanted it made. I'm desperate to see the JL in live action

Last edited:

I have to say toys.

Dont really have one

Justice League/Unlimited

a truly amazing television series and one I'm glad I was able to see at it was happening.

Hmm barry the flash.

Batman is the strategist and IMO always makes the correct desicion, Supes is the Leader though and Wonder Woman is the warrior on the battlefield.

Bradley Cooper the flash, colonel swanwick for manhunter and..i dunno

Zack Synder, nailed Man of Steel,

Darkseid

Dont have one..have to check it out.

In high school one of my friends used to watch the cartoon. I couldn't understand the appeal.

Justice, Kingdom Come, Tower of Babel, or....JL Origin ;)

JUSTICE LEAGUE WAR

Love the action and the banter.

I also happen to not really like any of the other DC cartoons/movies.

Wonder Woman

Roles? Whatever the story requires.

Barry = Chris Pine or Sam Claflin
Hal = Jake Gyllenhaal or Taylor Kitsch
John = Chiwetel Ejiofor or Dwayne Johnson
MMH = Benedict Cumberbatch or Peter Menseh
Aquaman = Joel Kinnaman or Joel Edgerton
Cyborg = Chadwick Boseman

Zack Synder (perhaps with a final edit from Affleck...).

I'd like Brainiac & Ares
or Darkseid
or Vandal Savage and the Legion of Doom.

I don't know!!!!

Probably wouldn't have been the greatest thing in the world, but it still would have been awesome to have.

1) Probably the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini animated series.

2) JLA: World War III. A great story, featuring a colossal enemy. Shows Superman close past the brink of giving up against such insurmountable odds, with Batman providing him the reason he needs to get back up and keep fighting, relayed through J'onn. The three of them explaining why they do what they do. Flash provides the League with pure unadulterated power, Wonder Woman rallies the people of Earth, Aquaman commands the armies of Atlantis to help the nations, Zauriel brings the Host of Heaven to prevent nuclear war, and most importantly: the people of the Earth rally around a nearly defeated Superman, and together fight off a purely apathetic monster. It's a victory for humanity as much as for the League.

It works both as a final "they've faced off an ultimate enemy" but keeps looking forward "and more to come" for the ending.

3) I'd have to go with JLU, but only because it's the only one that's had a lot of time invested into it. Don't know why we haven't had a Justice League series since, I think it would be great to have one set in the Young Justice world.

4) It had the most time put into it to develop their characters, also had a lot of rich backstory due to Superman and Batman series.

5) I might have to go with Zauriel.

6) I don't really like having them placed in boxes. But Superman, I feel, should always be considered primus inter pares as the most inspirational and nigh all-encompassing hero. Batman should generally be more cynical of their activities, trying to improve their effectiveness. Wonder Woman shouldn't just be seen as a walking sword, sure she may be the god of war now, but she was also the god of love, and as such should be the most compassionate.

7) I've never put masses of thought into the roles to be quite honest. I guess I'd jump on the GyllenHal bandwagon, Pine could be pretty good for Flash too. I think Daniel Craig could have been an awesome Arthur Curry, but I guess Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would be pretty cool.

8) Brad Bird, Ben Affleck, Zack Snyder

9) Darkseid, the forces of Apokolips, Mageddon, Luthor's Legion.

10) Actually pretty good. Probably the most touching scene attempted in cbm with Barry defeating the major OMAC. My only reservation would have been the cast.

Super Friends cartoon, later a few Superman comics with them appearing

Anything from Mark Waid's run
Right now the one story I single out is the 6th Dimension aliens splitting the Justice League members from their alteregoes

Young Justice, they have Barry as Flash, both Hawk people, the two main Green Lanterns before Kyle joins the picture, the top 3, Aquaman, and a few more

The above answer

The Flash (Barry Allen).
Followed closely by Wally West

Superman is the leader, the public figure, Batman is the strategist and Wonder Woman is the battle leader

I don't know

Zack Snyder, with aid from Ben Affleck.

Vandal Savage

No clue

cool thread

superfriends

kingdom come

does Injustice count? it is technically animated

the story, attempts at unique costumes, fun to play

Flash

6) What would you define as the roles of the big three Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman on the Justice League?

Superman is the heart, Batman is the brain, and Wonder Woman is the muscle

ryan reynolds as GL (i forgive him)
Ryan gosling as aquaman
liam neason as MM
Justin Timberlake as the flash (please dont hate me)
brad cooper as arrow
that guy from chronicles as cyborg (again, please dont hate me. it was a joke)

Zack Synder, or affleck with the recent rumors. speilberg, odd choice but tarantino

cliche answer of Darkseid, but a lex luthor/brainaic/joker combo or even an unofficial league of doom scenario

as much as it is easy to hate the casting, i think in trailers and movie, most of them would have been fine. story is very interesting, but i would have the same problem i did with superman Returns, you cant have the introductory movie start from the middle

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"