• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The ethics of technology and filmmaking..The Leia Quandry

hellified

Civilian
Reaction score
[YT]T-8C87RZ4jA[/YT]

QUESTION: SHOULD DISNEY CONTINUE WITH CGI LEIA FOR FUTURE SAGA STORIES OR SHOULD LEIA PASS AWAY AS WELL?

The video explains how digital editing can change a performance and Rogue 1 showed how very close we are to adding long dead actor BACK to the screen. Do you think its cool to do that or should they leave dead actors alone?

Imagine a new Bruce Lee flick in 2018

[YT]SPyoiOTdHio[/YT]

I didn't read any of the remarks about ethics, etc. in relation to Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One. It is just people getting on their high horse about something that they really have no right to object to.

The family or estate of an actor are the only people who have rights in this regard unless a movie studio holds such legal rights, in which case the actor constented himself/herself, so has a right to moan and cry about it. The family of Paul Walker actively participated in helping to finish the movie he was involved at the time of his death. I don't recollect anybody speaking against it at the time.

Digitally recreating an actor to be a lead in a new film, like you suggest with Bruce Lee?

What is the point of that? Why not use a living actor? Digital people should be used to enhance a film, not be the stars. Digitally recreating Bruce Lee or another actor to help finish their projects. That makes sense.

I can see fun uses for the technology too.

Imagine being able to insert Humprey Bogart and Olivia de Havilland into the background of film set in the 30's or 40's or being able have had a scene in the new Magnificent Seven where Denzel Washington tries to recruit John Wayne or Audie Murphy.

Saying Leia is elsewhere for all Episode IX or dying off screen or bewteen films is not a worthy send off. If Billie Lourde is in support of the idea, I hope Lucasfilm makes use of the technology to help give Leia and Carrie Fisher proper farewell in the final film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"