• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Leftovers

Showdown in Hell (part two)………….

Luke came at Gargan as hard as he could. His sheer ferocity was keeping the creature off balance for the moment. Luke slammed the symbiote with this chain wrapped fists knocking teeth and blood across the pavement. He attempted to land another haymaker but his hand was grabbed by the monster. Tendrils wrapped around his arms and moved down to his face. Soon his mouth was engulfed as the black ooze poured into him. His air flow was shut off as billions of tiny needles began to pierce the invulnerable man’s flesh…….

Vermin crashed into the operating room. His meal lay there awaiting the cannibal. The odd pudgy man with the strange metal arms looked familiar. Familiar and delicious, he would be dealt with first. The maddened beast dodged around the strange contraptions and slashed at the pudgy man. Blood flowed and Vermin’s hunger multiplied. He moved for the kill as Rahne came snarling into the room. The two feral animals looked each over slowly, calculating with a killer’s eye. No growl or scream they moved silently and horribly quickly towards each other and exploded in a rage of claws and teeth…..

May slammed into Gargan with all her might. The hybrid metahuman dropped a gasping and wounded Luke Cage to the ground in a ball. Mac turned to her. It was her! God was truly smiling on him this day. He laughed out loud as he charged the little girl. Tendrils shot from his body towards the spinning and dancing child. Today Mac Gargan would gain everything he ever wanted from life…….

Blood, hot and sticky, woke Matt. It was covering his face. His senses illuminated the room. Otto was patching a bad wound to his abdomen, his heart raced like a dying man. Rahne and Vermin were locked in battle. Both were bleeding badly, but Vermin was the more savage and powerful killer and he was winning. Matt could sense his child inside the wolf. It was dying. Pain shot from all angles of his tortured body as he rose up……………..

Luke hit Gargan’s back with all he had. It wasn’t enough. Gargan backhanded Cage across the streets. When he looked up a very pissed off Abomination had a smile from ear to ear……

May remembered her father’s words. Every one of them. He had taught her how to be a hero. Not through words or training, she had no danger room or tutor from the far and mystical east. He taught her through his actions and the way he treated her and her mother. He taught her with love and that was all she needed to accomplish the end. She couldn’t beat this thing. It was beyond them all, but there was hope. May knew about the symbiotes. She read the papers her father never wanted her to read. She knew its true weakness. She hit the ground rebounding off the pavement to a wall and back to a wrecked car’s debris, each motion being chased by tendrils craving her pain and suffering. The little hands grabbed a sharp piece of twisted steel and tucked it into her back pocket before springing away again. She would make her father proud……

Lester gathered his nerves. He only had one shot at this and it had to count. The metal was adamantium, he was sure of that. It was only a fragment but it could be enough if he could make it count. He took his position and felt the weight in his hands. This throw had to count……..

Wilson’s mind raced as he armed himself. Grenades, plasma rifles, a good old .45 Colt these were his art. His body was ready now as he bodyslid into the heart of the battle. Two grenades dropped at Venom’s feet before he bodyslid above the Abomination as he beat Luke into the pavement. He jammed a napalm charge down the monster’s throat and was gone before the charge exploded eating the air out of the goliath as fire burned out his mouth. He landed and began to fire at Abomination’s head. Concentrating his attack to disable the brute as Luke began to rise…..

Hyde stood at the edge of town. He saw the battle and smiled. This would be the moment. They were distracted and his children would have the advantage. He turned back to the hundreds of hungry eyes. “Feast………….

The End……………

Mutates poured into the streets. Savage little children with incredible power began to assault everything in their path. Blood fell like rain onto the black pavement. Luke was mobbed with thirty at once. They overwhelmed him and attempted in vain to devour. He smelled their breath and felt their hate as they ripped his arm off in a rage. Blood poured from the wound at his left side. He screamed and swept his right hand in an outward circle clearing them away. “Come on you little sons of *****es; let’s see what you’re made off……

Leaping onto Mac was a mistake. The symbiote shot spikes into their deformed bodies and sucked the very life from their chemically augmented veins. A group of twenty-three dead lay around him. The rest stayed back, not afraid but waiting for their moment. They’ll have to do better than that to keep me from my prize. He shot his arm out and gripped the little girl by the arm. He brought her close savoring this moment above all others in his violent and brutal life……

Matt’s hand grabbed the scalpel. He leapt with his one good leg crashing into Vermin as he stood above Rahne, her blood soaking his hands. Matt screamed and cried loudly as he repeatedly slashed down onto the creature. He dug deep, cutting and tearing the animal’s skin and muscle tissue. He did not stop, he did not rest, he had only this one chance. After a while he lay in a pool of gore above the mutilated creature. Matt reached over and touched Rahne. She was healing; the child was going to live. Matt passed out……..

The children crowded Abomination but they fell on him like ants. Strong as they were they would need more to down the beast. Hyde watched this and prepared to intervene. He was powerful enough now to take on anyone. But first he would let the play unfold a moment more. Let the weak die he could always make more……

Lester threw the spike. It sailed through the air cutting over vicious little heads and past the heat of battle. It had to be perfect to kill the giant. The shrapnel sank into Abominations head with a sickening pop. It was a perfect throw. The metal could even cut him and lodged into his brain like that he couldn’t regrow. The creature fell to his knees without a sound. It was the perfect throw……..

Wilson fired in all directions. They were everywhere. What’s more, they were fast and strong. Little demons with sharp teeth and cold eyes. He pulled his sword and began to swing wildly as they got too close for gun fire. If he was going to die, he would go out swinging…..

“You remember my father don’t you?” May was being pierced by the tendrils but her voice was still firm. She had no quality in it that might resemble a seven year old girl.

“Of course I do”, Mac smiled

“I wasn’t speaking to you, I was speaking to it. Do you remember my father?!?”

The voice was inside her head. “Of course I do. He and I were joined. He was the only person worthy of me. Because of his betrayal I am forced to merge with lesser life forms such as this. I cannot hate him more…….

“But you don’t have to be. You can still merge with someone worthy.” May’s eyes were rolled back in her head. Gargan tried to command the symbiote to end this but it would not respond. What was happening?

“I’m my father’s daughter, he lives within me. You want to be rid of these lesser beings, then take me instead. I’m right here.”

“Your offer is accepted”

Gargan screamed as the symbiote left him and poured into May. All his dreams were dying by this one little girl.

The symbiote broke her skin and began merging with her blood. Gargan charged but the tendrils knocked him away. He got up again and came at May with death in his eyes.

May could feel it inside her. They were becoming one. She saw what the symbiote truly was. Orphaned and alone even by its people it had grown such hate and contempt for all life that it could do nothing but destroy. It was a virus and it would eventually kill the world. That was all she needed to know. She pulled the piece of metal from her back pocket and stabbed it into her gut. The cut was deep and the blood flowed quickly……

Otto coughed up a massive amount of blood. Then he stood up. He could stand? His strength was returning. No more than his strength, he felt better than ever before despite his wound. He saw the bloody mess that was Matt and Rahne. Moving rapidly he placed them on the table and treated their wounds. He then barred the window and barricaded the back door as he left. He would show the world what type of man he truly was……

“Betrayed! You foul liar. You deceived me like your father. Treacherous humans, I should never have allowed this. My want of a proper companion, was this too much to ask? I’ll not go quietly, little human. I can still hurt your people, I can still…..

May rammed the metal shard into her heart. “Shut up”, May said in a gasp. The creature screamed inside her and fell into a dead pool at her feet. She looked up and saw Mac bringing two fists to her head. She also saw the shadow that he missed looming over him. Creel grabbed Gargan and with a yell tore him in half. He knelt beside the little dying girl. Savage little things were trying to get to her but he swatted them away.

“God, May, I’m so sorry”, Creel cried

She smiled that sweet little smile. “Don’t be. I did what I had to. Just like a hero would. Just like my father or you…….

She was in the dark. A light shown and a shadow approached. “Dad?”

“No, dear it’s me” Mary Jane Parker stood before her daughter looking more beautiful than words could describe. “Your father’s waiting for you”, she took the little hand in hers and guided her away, “Let’s not keep him waiting……..

Small impossibility strong hands mobbed the remaining heroes. Creel was able to withstand them until a gigantic hand slammed into the small of his back. Hyde hovered above him. “We are the chemical god’s children. We are the flesh made real. We are the future and none will stand in our way”

Lester was being overrun. For every one he killed two took their place. Soon they would be in arms reach and then he would die. He saw Wilson being devoured by the beasts. He didn’t even scream. He just kept slashing and killing as they fed……

The children of the flesh were winning. There bodies were being infused by new chemical compositions and those that lived were growing and evolving. This was a new world indeed. Wilson was pinned, his sword knocked away. “We are the flesh, we will consume all” a little savage mutate girl snarled down at him. “Just make sure you don’t get heartburn, Hun. Oh and remember to wait an hour before swimming.” He began to laugh hard. The children closed in to consume but with a clank cold metal arms slammed throw them. Pulling out the children were scattered and Wilson was raise onto a roof. He looked down and saw Otto charge into the melee. And what’s more, Otto wasn’t alone……

63 people lived and survived through the days leading to this. 63 people were huddled and in pain in a cellar while their champions died and bleed above for their sakes. Now 63 people charged into the mass of savages. 63 people, normal humans before all this. Now the hope of the world lay in the hands of 63 heroes……

The children of the flesh did not expect this level of resistance. They still had the numbers and power but these beings were putting up a fight like they did not know could exist. Hyde would not allow this. He came running into the conflict. Luke was the first to feel his wrath. Gripping him in his monstrous hands he torn Luke Cage, Power Man, to pieces…………

Lester was at the end of his rope. He had nothing else to throw. He was beating them back barely with his superior hand to hand skills but these things were much too fast and strong for him. A small hand gripped his neck. Lester closed his eyes and prayed. He then opened them. The hand was still there but that was all. It hung from his neck like a bloody necklace. Wilson stood beside him. He swung his sword like a man possessed. “If you’re done taking a nap, maybe you’d like to help?” Lester reached out, grabbed a gun from Wilson’s back and began to help……

Hyde reached the leader of the rabble. Otto was decimating the children of the flesh. This had to end. Hands gripped the tentacles and with a pull Hyde tore two of the arms clean out of Otto’s body. Otto screamed violently as the children took their chance and engulfed the tormented man with hands and teeth……

Hyde closed in on the two fighting against the wall against waves of the children. Destroying the rest of the leaders would insure victory. The survivors rallied against the children, driving them back further. Their greater powers were beginning to kick in and the ones still remaining redoubled their efforts. Still the fight was tenuous and any further loss would spell their doom. Hyde approached from the side carefully.

“Hey, @sshole, let’s end this”, the voice came from behind him

Hyde turned to face Creel. They charged and met with the force of titans. Hyde was confident in his victory. His blows were savage and his strength beyond definition. Creel fought with desperation, he didn’t care for life or for his cause really. He cared for her. He would be the man she saw him as. Both threw their all into the engagement. There was no finesse or skill involved. No defense or guard considered. These savage killers trade blows capable of leveling mountains. In a moment it was over. Hyde stood above his victim. His powers could not be contained or stopped he was the future.

“This is the day, this day it all ends and our time begins.” Hyde prepared to destroy his last obstacle.

Creel looked up at him and smiled. “Shut up”, his hand grabbed the monster’s leg and closed his eyes focusing harder than he ever had before. Hyde screamed as he felt the change. What was happening? Creel kept his grip as all the pain and power and savagery of his life passed threw him and into his foe. Creel couldn’t absorb any longer but that didn’t mean he couldn’t give back. All that power and disease and death flowed into the chemically induced demon. Hyde screamed again and froze in place. His body was now a horrifying statue made of flesh, stone, metal and decay. Hyde couldn’t absorb the power that was forced into him. The god of the flesh was dead….

The children heard the scream. Seeing their god die was enough. They scattered from this place wanting nothing more to do with these survivors. They would find their flesh elsewhere, from easier prey. They would live to feast again…….

Lester surveyed the battlefield. 39 people remained along with himself, Wilson, Matt and Rahne. He saw the look in the eyes his new people and it strangely brought him hope. He saw life remaining, not just life but the will to fight and overcome. Maybe this was enough. He gathered the able and began to dig the graves……..

If anyone has any thoughts or comments I'd like to hear them.

1.) nicely done man, I read the whole thing and now I'm gonna be late for my presentation

2.) I LOVE that you used DeadPool. He's one of my favorites

3.) Nice team up at the end there with DP and Bullseye, I could really see it happening in my head.

Over all I enjoyed it, a very nice piece of fanfiction, much better than I could have written.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"