• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Myth of the Amazons

Nave 'Torment'

Vigilante Detective
Reaction score
With a lot of the series promoting a more contemporary, urbanized rendition of the character, how do you think the mythical, fantasy elements will be like in the series? How will the Amazons be portrayed? Have they always existed in the world? Have they been hidden for all these years? If the Amazons exist, does that mean that other, more hostile, aspects of Greek mythology will find their way into this? Who will play the Gods, or what role will the Gods play?

From a show-runner's perspective, how do you make the bridge between classical swords-and-sandals fantasy and urban superheroics?

This is a very exciting time for any Wonder Woman fan, whether or not the show has a positive impact, we all know that it's high time the amazing amazon has returned to live-action!

They will probably take the route they been around for ages. But stay hidden from the modern world. And other mythical threats exist but normal humans don't believe in that stuff.

I'm guessing that not introducing the mythic elements right away is an excellent approach for first-time viewers to delve into the world. They can be introduced to it. If they do start off with Diana in the city, already established as Wonder Woman, a few episodes into it we can have a classic "Paradise Lost"-esque arc where Diana returns to Themyscira.

CODE OF THE AMAZONS

Let all who read these words know that we are a nation of women, dedicated to our sisters, to our Gods and to the peace that is humankind’s right. Granted life by Gaea, the Goddesses, and the souls of women past, we have been gifted with the mission to unite the people of our world with love and compassion. Man has corrupted many of the laws our Gods set forth. So, in their wisdom, the Goddesses did create a race of female warriors dedicated to the ideals of uniting all people, all sexes, all races, all creeds. No longer will man rule alone, for now woman stands as an equal to temper his aggression with compassion, lend reason to his rages and overcome hatred with love.

We are the Amazons...and we have come to save mankind.

I'm guessing that not introducing the mythic elements right away is an excellent approach for first-time viewers to delve into the world. They can be introduced to it. If they do start off with Diana in the city, already established as Wonder Woman, a few episodes into it we can have a classic "Paradise Lost"-esque arc where Diana returns to Themyscira.

Right, they'll probably dedicate an arc to Diana finding a way back to Themyscira but the show needs to be established first to allow for what would be a big event.

And other mythical threats exist but normal humans don't believe in that stuff.

Yeah, they do that whole "two worlds" kind of thing in stuff like Harry Potter

If the show continues, then they would start exploring the Themysciran side more. I would like the Amazon world to be pretty unknown but as time goes on the classical mythological world of the Amazons starts to collide more with the "real world" and there would be more of a clash.

Last edited:
Right, they'll probably dedicate an arc to Diana finding a way back to Themyscira but the show needs to be established first to allow for what would be a big event.

They do that whole "two worlds" kind of thing in stuff like Harry Potter

If the show continues, then they would start exploring the Themysciran side more. I would like the Amazon world to be pretty unknown but as time goes on these the more classical mythological world of the Amazons starts to collide more with the "real world" and there would be more of a clash.

Yeah I can see that as well. I think a big element of that would be Hippolyta's reveal or appearance. I hope when the time comes Lynda Carter can step in. But other than that, yes the show needs to be WONDER WOMAN first and Greek Amazonian Swords&Sandals Fantasy second. But it will eventually need to come to that line, and when it does I hope that it isn't as crazy as Harry Potter/Percy Jackson, but a tad more original.

CODE OF THE AMAZONS

Let all who read these words know that we are a nation of women, dedicated to our sisters, to our Gods and to the peace that is humankind’s right. Granted life by Gaea, the Goddesses, and the souls of women past, we have been gifted with the mission to unite the people of our world with love and compassion. Man has corrupted many of the laws our Gods set forth. So, in their wisdom, the Goddesses did create a race of female warriors dedicated to the ideals of uniting all people, all sexes, all races, all creeds. No longer will man rule alone, for now woman stands as an equal to temper his aggression with compassion, lend reason to his rages and overcome hatred with love.

We are the Amazons...and we have come to save mankind.
:hrt:

Does the code scare any one btw? I mean it's a pretty controversial statement, the governments of Patriarch's world, mostly cynical, would oppose that right away:

"What makes you think we need to be saved?"
"Why are you any better than us?"
"What proof do you have of your Gods?"
"Why are you promoting MATRIARCHY?"
"How dare you identify us as Patriarchs!"
"You are promoting war, we will give you a war!"

:(

I think the way there going about dealing with the island is a very good way to start the series, make it more of a mystery and then when needed reveal things here and there. Ultimately the show will succeed or fail based on Wonder Woman and people's ability to empathize with her character and not whether they get clips in of paradise island.

Are we talking the myth of the dc amazons or the Greek myth of the amazons. I don't think they are the same.

I hope they go with the pre-crysis amazons origins I'm not a fan of the post cyrisis amazons.

The pre-cyrsis amazons were the amazons from Greek mythology that migrated to paradise island at the behest of aphrodite. They were more technicallu advanced than the mans world. While the post crysis amazons were the souls of the dead amazons from Greek myth who were reborn from clay and not as advanced.

Not much of a difference in terms of characterisation. Both 'Amazons' were very different from their mythic counterparts; they were advocates of peace rather than promoters of war. I think for the show, it will be a while before we see the Amazons in all their glory, but when we do it will probably have a unique spin of its own. Makes me fervent just considering it :D

Also, do you guys think it's too early to be crying for the Bana-Midghdall Amazons? I can't imagine not seeing Artemis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"