• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Robin Comic Thread

SpideyInATree

Chillin' Like a Villain
Reaction score
Considering I did a search here and in the DC comic forum I can't find the Robin comic threads anywhere. So, I've made a new one, though this may be due to the problem last week with my subscribed threads completely disappearing, though I was not the only one this happened to. Anyhoo...

What's everybody think of the run so far? I'm actually really into this book. The new storyline with the rich kids being kidnapped is basic and to the point. And the new costumed hero, Dodge, is interesting. I wonder how Tim is going to handle everything with Dodge in the picture now. :o

I'm a fan, especially with seeing Boomerang's on in the mix.

I do have a Q, though:

*Does anyone know if Ari is still alive?

I'm thinking tim is going to do what grayson did to batman but not as severe, he's going to find his own city but he's going to keep the name and costume of Robin.

I haven't read the newest issue yet, but I've really enjoyed it recently. Obviously, what happened to Cassandra in its pages sucked. Horribly.

But, personally, I don't place the blame of that on Beechen (solely, at least), and really enjoy everything else about it save for that event. It's sorta light and adventurous...pretty much the exact tone I would want the Robin title to have.

So if Beechen and DC can consentrate on just writing good stories and not making any big character changes, I'll continue to be quite a fan of the book.

It started pretty good. It's been going downhill recently though.

And this Dodge character is really annoying.

SouLeSS said:
It started pretty good. It's been going downhill recently though.

And this Dodge character is really annoying.

Well, him being annoying is pretty much the point.

I've loved this title since the new team has come on the title. The Boomerang arc was cool as heck with them going to all the different villain hideouts to find the bomb Joker had set up.

And now with the rich kids being kidnapped. Basic stuff with some decent character moments, can't ask anymore from a Robin comic. Plus Beechen is doing a good job of furthering Tim Drake into becoming his own Robin, and becoming quite a seasoned veteran of crime fighting now.

The Robin character sure has grown into his own.

So what did everyone think of the latest issue?

Well, I'm one of the few people who actually really like this book. And this issue was on par with just about everything else. I thought Dodge's characterization was a good deal less annoying than he's been in previous issues (which is a good thing), and the end (or whatever it may be) of his character arc was done well enough. It was just a fun little 2 issue adventure, really.

Oh, and for some reason, I really love the way Beechen characterizes Batman. He actually seems to have a personality, and do more than just brood like a lot of writers make Batman do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"