• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Surfs Up Thread!

Tempest19

Superhero
Reaction score
SURF'S UP

surfsup.gif

PLOT:

A stylistically daring CGI feature, "Surf's Up" is based on the groundbreaking revelation that surfing was actually invented by penguins. In the film, a documentary crew will take audiences behind the scenes and onto the waves during the most competitive, heartbreaking and dangerous display of surfing known to man, the Penguin World Surfing Championship.

CAST:

Jeff Bridges, Shia LaBeouf, Zooey Deschanel, James Woods, Jane Krakowski, Jon Heder, Mario Cantone, Brian Benben, Michael McKean

OFFICIAL SITE:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/surfsup/index.html

OFFICIAL TRAILER:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/surfsup/trailer_high.html

8 CLIPS:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809418890/trailer

I was quite on the fence about the film for a while now, I didn't know how it would turn out... but, if the clips are any indication, I think it may be the first hilarious animated film of the summer. And I can't believe the voice of Geek is Jeff Daniels!

Am I the only one who misses theatrical 2-D films as opposed to these 3-D ones?

I love both formats. Both are genuine tools used to tell a story. I think 3D has become the norm and most popular because you can have the world look more expansive and more realistic in some regards- such as in fire and water.

So, all in all, I don't prefer one of the other. Just depends on the type of story that is being told. The classic 2D disney movies for example, I can never see those being told in a 3 D format.

One more thing that I'd absolutely love most of these films to have some day soon is actual 3D integration- those who have seen these films in 3D probably know what I mean. It seriously looks phenomenal and gives it another depth aspect.

Hope this post makes sense?

Am I the only one who misses theatrical 2-D films as opposed to these 3-D ones?

At first I did but I got used to it. Besides if you got a good story, good characters, and good humor it doesn't really matter.

At first I did but I got used to it. Besides if you got a good story, good characters, and good humor it doesn't really matter.

The 3-D animation is not as good. It is just not that visually appealing to me, save a few movies like Toy Story.

Penguin wise, I actually love these and the other recent penguin models over:

JH1.jpg

Only 2D Penguins I remember well.

True, I don't remember many penguins, but the people in these movies and the animals in most don't look nearly as good as 2-D ones did. Especially humans...they look bad in all these movies.

Well, just got back and I was right. Loved the film from beginning to end. It has a great story, interesting characters and a fantastic message. Unlike many other animated films today, this one took a chance- making the film more of a documentary- and it shows. So, not only was the film great it was unique and original as well.

By far one of my favorite movies of the summer and one of my favorite animated movies- period.

So if you're looking for a great animated flick that dares to be different. This is a film for you.

10/10

I saw this tonight.
Very cute. Loved the look of the penguins and their feet were a lot cuter. :oldrazz: I liked the story too.

Great voice cast and if its Shia LeBouf I'm there regardless of his animated character! It looks very cute and after Happy Feet I'm all for Penguins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"