• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Problem With Superman

So this is "The problem with SUPERMAN RETURNS", not Superman...

Haha, not necessarily, but since it's the most recent suit we've seen, it's on everybody's mind. I just don't get how people can get so upset with the suit. It looks like Superman! It's a variation on a theme.

I don't understand either, then again I'm in the minority opinion that the suit should lose the underwear.

Haha, not necessarily, but since it's the most recent suit we've seen, it's on everybody's mind. I just don't get how people can get so upset with the suit. It looks like Superman! It's a variation on a theme.

I agree. I hated the first pictures but in the movie, he was Superman and the little variations didn't turn it into something/someone else.

It was more of a combination of things that made the whole appearance of Superman in SR not right for me. I don't like the suit that much, but in action its not that noticeable. Its the combination of the suit, the super oiled hair, and Brandon's pound of make-up face that made a bad combination.

Superman has fascinated scholars, with cultural theorists, commentators, and critics alike exploring the character's impact and role in the United States and the rest of the world. Umberto Eco discussed the mythic qualities of the character in the early 1960s, and Larry Niven has pondered the implications of a sexual relationship the character might enjoy with Lois Lane.[12] The character's ownership has often been the subject of dispute, with Siegel and Shuster twice suing for the return of legal ownership. The copyright is again currently in dispute, with changes in copyright law allowing Siegel's wife and daughter to claim a share of the copyright, a move DC parent company Warner Bros. disputes.
---------------------------------
catyjane

Guaranteed ROI

I don't understand either, then again I'm in the minority opinion that the suit should lose the underwear.

Noooooo!!!!

sad_kitty.jpg

I agree I think ppl got a little too nitpicky with the little stuff in SR,the suit etc.. Again,its not the suits color or shades of color or the material thats made supermans problem.
I think the most problem with superman has been lack of stories,villains in the movies. Superman I,was original and first superman so everyone loved it. Superman II had 3 villains and a decent story,and after that it got real silly. SR as someone said was just a 'flat' movie,it really did'nt have any new excitement. Most believe it was just a rehash of Superman I story...I had no major issues with SR besides story,and lack of pace(very slow).
I just think Supe's needs to be reinvented and some minor changes.The biggest change are more interesting stories,stories that make u want to root for Superman. Lets not rehash the same stories again(about land),needs more depth to them.
Going with a darker tone could be what is needed, I like to see Superman put in compromising positions,positions of choice. Choice if someone dies or lives,and let the audience see the consequences of that choice,ppls reaction,supermans reaction etc...
Villains; lets see some of the more interesting ones,braniac give him a foe that he has to use his brains as well as his brawn. Heck,let them make up a new villain as well,but i'm sure fanboys would cry and complain,but who cares....
In end I think ppl need to relax,and realize comicbooks are just guidlines,and cannot always work on bigscreen. It may work for some characters,but not all. I just hope the new superman reboot comes out soon,as Im a superman fan more so than spiderman or batman..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"