• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This show lacks characters

I think the writers forget about character development. Seems like they don't know what they're doing at times. A lot of plot holes and stuff. There seems to be a crap ton of stories/plots for some characters that gets dropped every other week. Right now there's only three characters with good quality.

Peter
Samuel
Sylar

The rest are pawn's right now.

I think the writers forget about character development. Seems like they don't know what they're doing at times. A lot of plot holes and stuff. There seems to be a crap ton of stories/plots for some characters that gets dropped every other week. Right now there's only three characters with good quality.

Peter
Samuel
Sylar

Agreed! Peter is absolutely awesome this season. Samuel too, he's a way better villain than Papa Petrelli. Sylar is pretty good but i wish they let his character rest already. Yeah the actor is good but the character is past his prime. It's frustrating how they kill good characters for no reason but other characters get to stick around forever doing the same thing over and over again.

Peter
Samuel
Sylar

You pretty much said all my feelings on the show. Except for Peter...I would have agreed with you on Peter a few episodes back, but lately I don't even know what's he doing anymore...his story just seems pointless now.

I feel like Peter hasn't been around this season. Probably because his story has been pulling a Claire. In other words, I can see the writers came together and said "Crap, Peter doesn't have a story... well, let's just contrive one and only connect it to the plot in the shallowest way." You know Heroes is in trouble when Claire's plot is less contrived than Peter's or Hiro's.

I feel like Peter hasn't been around this season. Probably because his story has been pulling a Claire. In other words, I can see the writers came together and said "Crap, Peter doesn't have a story... well, let's just contrive one and only connect it to the plot in the shallowest way." You know Heroes is in trouble when Claire's plot is less contrived than Peter's or Hiro's.

I disagree. All of the main characters of the show have had somewhat limited roles this season. This season has revolved around the carnival and Samuel more than anything. And Peter is still trying to do good things. Like Nathan said, "Fight the good fight. You're everything that's good in the world, Peter. And I've got a feeling the world ain't seen nothin' yet." Well now Peter is working with the man who killed his brother.

It takes a strong individual to do something like that and it says a lot about his character. Even though Sylar killed Nathan, Peter still helped him escape in the last episode and now together they're going to save NYC. Peter's character has been consistent all the way through. He's the same guy.

Watch the beginning of this season when he's a paramedic saving people. He constantly shows his true colors and where he stands by helping people. I'll quote Nathan Petrelli from Heroes Season 1 Episode 22 - Landslide:

"I’m sorry my brother couldn’t be here tonight, but I know Peter cares about this city more than anyone. Our father always said that we had a responsibility to use what God gave us to help people, to make a real difference."

Peter is the only one who has done this since the show began. He has never turned away from it. He's always been the "good guy." Now, I'll agree with another poster that Sylar is getting a bit old now that he too is a "good guy" when IMO he always made a better villain.

Again I blame the former writers for going overboard with Sylar's role and now that the original writer(s) have been back, they seem to be putting a lot of focus on Samuel and less on Sylar thus turning Sylar into a baby face.

The show is called Heroes now tell me who other than Peter has been or done anything heroic at all? I urge anyone who disagrees with me to watch every episode all over again up to the end of this season lol.

I've enjoyed this season so far nonetheless. The only thing that I THINK needs fixing is they cannot expect to throw in a character or two with a plot, put it on the shelf and wait 3-4 weeks until showing us (the audience.) That's just too long. Look, it's been a while since we've heard from Hiro and now all of a sudden he's returning in the finale? What about Tracy Strauss? She had a brief little appearance and then nothing.

I hope the show continues on. I've heard speculation/rumors from various sources that if the show does continue... (Some) of the cast might not return anyway and that the creators want to cut down the cast a bit. Also, NBC execs threatened to cancel Heroes THIS season but instead writers/directors begged them to let them do one more final season... So, basically, next season will be the last and final season of NBC's Heroes.

Last edited:
We don't disagree, my friend. This season has kind of just been a mess as far as character arcs go, to the point where I feel like Peter hasn't been around. I don't think there's been a season of this show where main characters have regularly just been gone for long periods of time like this one. Peter is just randomly dropped from episodes, Hiro, Ando and Suresh haven't been around in a couple episodes and there's no indication that they'll be back, Matt didn't appear last episode, even though half of the events (albiet indirectly) took place in his house. Peter just happens to be part of a larger issue.

For a good four or five episodes (From Nathan's Funeral to Emma joining the carnival), his plot was unrelated to anything going on in the show, which is why I feel like Peter hasn't been around. But I agree. Peter is the one character that is truly worthy of the show's title. Suresh is too confused, Parkman has supremely lost his way since Daphne's death, Hiro has a lot to learn, Ando can't be separated from Hiro, HRG... not even going ot start with him, Claire has no desire to be a hero, she just happens to be in the right place at the right time, but she won't go out and seek people to help. So, yes, I completely agree that Peter is the only true Hero on the show. It's just a pity that they haven't done much with him this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"