• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Guardians of the Galaxy Thor - God of Thunder

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
I think 2 weekends is plenty of time for most people to have seen AEG.
It has grossed a total of 2.2B at the box office so i guess a ton of people have already seen it.

With that said...

tumblr_pqyk9nzRkQ1qmzqge_400.jpg

source.gif

Last edited:
thorguardianspanel.jpg

549145._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
latest

guardians-of-the-galaxy-41-22.jpg

thor-165.jpg

latest

Event if it's not in this movie, I wonder what his resolution will be. Cap, Widow, and Iron Man all got endings, and it looks like Hawkeye will as well on his show. I really hope they give my favorite of the OG6 a grand send-off.

Robert Downey Jr.'s Massive Payday Tops 'Avengers: Endgame' Star Deals
Or Chris Hemsworth, i.e. Thor, who signed with Marvel for five movies in 2010, then renegotiated in 2017 for Infinity War and Endgame, putting himself in the $15 million to $20 million range and ready for the next phase of films.

I don't think we are going to see a "resolution" regarding Thor anytime soon. He is going to be featured first in GOTG3 and then there's those Thor4 rumors roaming around. So yeh i see Thor staying on the MCU roster for quite some time.

I hope he's back in shape and has his beard trimmed when Guardians 3 starts but keeps the long hair. Short haired Thor is cool looking but I associate long hair with Thor the most

Long hair Thor with the beard and muscular physique please. :up:

Oh and we just gotta have an epic fight scene with Thor flying through space taking out spaceships.

I think Thor joining the Guardians is a no-brainer.
Their chemistry together is palpable. We saw it both in IW and AEG...

Thor and Rocket are such a dynamic duo. Then we also so a bit of Thor's interaction with the rest of the team, Star Lord, Groot, Drax, Gamora... And in AEG that final bit with him and Star Lord cracked me up. So yeh, he's a strong addition to the team and the overall GOTG franchise. Personally i loved GOTG and it's still one of my favorite MCU movies. GOTG2 i felt was a step down but now adding Thor to the third and final chapter definitely pumps the movie's interest a lot more. Looking at what we have set up for GOTG3...

- Revenge of the Sovereign
- Adam Warlock
- Searching for Gamora
- Thor joining the team

Adam Warlock's origin is tied with Thor's comics. Also Adam Warlock had kidnapped Sif which was Thor's girlfriend at the time, so i see this as a source of inspiration to what is likely going to happen with Star Lord and Gamora. Thor also met the Guardians in the comics and one of the versions of himself was an overweight Thor.

Avengers: Endgame Writers Discuss Ending Thor’s Arc, And His Potential Future

Looking into the future, given where things end in the new blockbuster there is an assumption at large that Thor will have at least some kind of role to play in James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 – but it should be noted that the developments of Avengers: Endgame didn’t really come out of any kind of collaboration between the writers and Gunn. I specifically asked Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely if there had been discussions about Thor being with the Guardians, but I was surprised to learn that wasn’t really the case:

Christopher Markus: We did not talk much, to tell you the truth. We kind of just rolled it up in front of him and, yeah, I look forward to seeing what happens.

Stephen McFeely: That's right. I don't know. But I do think it becomes a nice... there's a lot of room for growth there, right? Now, again, I don't know what happens in Guardians[Of The Galaxy Vol. 3], but if they find [Gamora], that relationship is brand new. We the audience know what it could be, and there's a character that doesn't value it, or doesn't know, or whatever. I think there's some opportunity there.

I am already very excited about Thor's future in GotG 3, but adding Bill (and Wendell) to it made my head explode!

I can't wait to see how Gunn handles Thor being part of the team. Heck it does allow them to deal with some crazy stuff with the power Thor brings to the table. Hopefully the movie gives him some time to get back in shape though.

In terms of who else will be added to the cast I'll ponder on that more down the road. We are years out from getting this movie and I'm not yet ready to dive into the rumor mill.

But this should be fun. Groot was instrumental in the creation of Stormbreaker. Thor and Rocket had some great chemistry, particularly in Infinity War. Kind of curious to see him interact more with characters like Drax.

GOTG #5

guardians-of-the-galaxy-5-cover.jpg

guardians-of-the-galaxy-5-page-2.jpg
guardians-of-the-galaxy-5-page-3.jpg
guardians-of-the-galaxy-5-page-4.jpg

Also i love that they made BRB that big. As tall as adult Groot basically.

GOTG #5

Great book! Donny Cates is a fantastic writer, and he loves everything godly! So much that he tied many aspects of all the books he is writing (like the fantastic Venom) to the gods/asgardians: the necro sword and Gorr to the god Knull and the symbiotes; Thanos and the black order to Hela, BRB and the guardians, and even the Thanos wins story he wrote, where the Silver Surfer is the last thing left in the universe to destroy (the past and future)Thanos: in this story, Surfer has to spend centuries to become worthy of Mjolnir, and when he gets it he finally faces Thanos. In the end, Thanos kills him with the Twilight Sword!

So, there's a lot of love for gods/asgard and myth! It's almost confirmed Cates is gonna write the Thor ongoing after the current run!

Last edited:
GOTG #5

Yeah I never really liked seeing Beta Ray Bill basically the same size as Thor, I prefer him to atleast be a foot taller.

GOTG #5

Yeah, he’s massive!

Quill will be shook lol

Lol we all know Quill is secretly crushing on Thor too. :D

Can't wait to see what kind of role he has here: having Thor join the Guardians is, like, a saving grace for the Guardians franchise - in my opinion. I've been neither-here-nor-there about both of the Guardians movies, but I'm hoping that the addition of Thor, plus the possibilities of finally learning the backstory for Rocket (my favorite Guardian), and maybe getting Moondragon and Adam Warlock too, will really up my excitement for this film. Oh, and I really hope the rumors of a platonic relationship between Quill and Nebula are true: Quill needs that. It would help Nebula too.

Thor joining the Guardians...I would love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"