• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thousands rally for the Jena 6

Personally, I have no intrest in influencing anyone. I just want to focus on my career and my goals in life. If people want to be ignorant and blame others for their misfortune, its not my problem

I hear you.

I guess I was mostly trying to answer how to stop perpetuating that stereotype of ignorance.

Mayonaise society? Funny, if I were to post something about the chocolate society, I am sure I would get banned. Yet, plenty of remarks can be made in a derrogatory fashion about whites around here with no consequence.

Sounds like you're race-baiting, like the morons Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. They must be your idols. Pathetic. NO ONE IS ****ING SAYING that the nooses are any kind of freedom of speech. However, its much less severe than the violence perpetrated by the Jena criminals. If those brutes can't respond without violence, they should be locked up like the animals that they are.

My question is this. Why do a lot of black people rally behind other black people regardless of what they do? It happened with O.J., Tookie Williams, Michael Vick, and now these Jena criminals. It's a legitimate question, and I'd like an answer.

My opinion is this. The Jena 6 are criminals. They did the crime, and they need to do the time. Had it been whites beating up ONE black, it would be lynching and/or a hate crime. But these black people beat up a white guy and now people are rooting for the perpetrators? It's absolutely unacceptable.

U are a rascist. I've come to accept that. That's ok. But what is your reason for calling Al Sharpton and Jackson idiots. I guess us house negroes should just sit our asses down in the back of the bus and shut up, huh?

Sharpton and Jackson are keeping the divide up between blacks and the rest of society.....I personally feel that if people started getting along, Sharpton and Jackson would be out of a job.....Jesse Jackson lost all credibility in my eyes when it came out he was using money that was donated to his RAINBOW/PUSH movement to support his mistress and bastard child....Sharpton is just a blowhard...(I think I'm going to get my card taken away if I keep this up)

I agree, but there's a difference between getting along and more or less kowtowing to someone because of how you may appear to them. I act the same with everyone, whatever their race.

^Why is there a tree that is specifically for white kids, though? I don't get that. There was already some tension in the town as it was. The beating was unjustified, but if you can justify hanging nooses, there's something wrong with you.

Here's what wikipedia said.
wikipedia said:
"The "white tree" incident
At Jena High School, about 10% of enrolled students are African Americans and more than 85% are white. Early reporting asserted that students of different races seldom sat together, although this has been disputed.[6] According to early reports, black students typically sat on bleachers near the auditorium, while white students sat under a large tree, referred to as the "white tree" or "prep tree", in the center of the school courtyard.[5] On September 22, 2007, however, the AP reported that the "white tree" was, according to teachers and administrators at the school, no such thing and that students of all races had sat under it at one time or another.[6]
During a school assembly on August 31, 2006, a black male freshman student asked permission from the principal to sit under the "white tree".[7] According to the recounting of events given by U.S. Attorney Donald Washington, a Bush appointee who is himself black,[8], the question was posed in a "jocular fashion".[9] The principal told the students they could "sit wherever they wanted."[7] The freshman and his friends then sat under the tree.[10]
The following morning, nooses were discovered hanging from the tree. Reports differ whether there were three[5] — believed by some to be code for the Ku Klux Klan[6] — or two.[6] It has been reported that Jena's principal learned that three white students were responsible and recommended expulsion, that the board of education overruled his recommendation, and that Superintendent Roy Breithaupt agreed with the overruling. It was initially reported that the punishment was reduced to three days of in-school suspension.[5][11] According to the Associated Press, however, the three students were isolated at an alternative school for a month, and then spent two weeks on in-school suspension.[6]
The school superintendent was quoted as saying, "Adolescents play pranks. I don't think it was a threat against anybody."[12] Black residents of Jena claim that this decision stoked racial tensions that led to subsequent events.[11] However, a black teacher described seeing both white and black students "playing with [the nooses], pulling on them, jump-swinging from them, and putting their heads through them." [6]
According to U.S. Attorney Donald Washington, the FBI agents who investigated the incident, as well as federal officials who examined it, found that it "had all the markings of a hate crime." However, it could not be prosecuted as such because it failed to meet federal standards required for the teens to be certified as adults.[13]
In late July 2007, U.S. Attorney Donald Washington noted that of the more than 40 statements taken regarding the assault, none mentioned the noose incident.[9] LaSalle Parish District Attorney J. Reed Walters stated there was no linkage between the noose incident and the beating. "When this case was brought to me and during our investigation and during the trial, there was no such linkage ever suggested. This compact story line has only been suggested after the fact."

The tree wasn't specifically for white kids. It was probably just dubbed that because white people sat there. It was also dubbed the "prep tree" which would lead one to believe the more preppy kids sat there, as opposed to, say, skater kids. Kids do that in high school, label and categorize things.

It also said the kid that was ask permission was doing so in a joking manner. And if that one black teacher's account is true, kids of both races where playing with the nooses. If it was supposed to be a serious threat, it didn't really work.

It would be pretty cool if a student from that high school posted on these boards so we can get an inside perspective on the situation.

And really, everybody's opinion boils down to their own experiences. Sharpton and Jackson are treating this like it's happening when they were in high school. No matter how much people complain that racism is still alive in America, and Dr. King's dream hasn't come true, things are a hell of a lot better then when Sharpton and Jackson were in high school.

In my experience, I when to high school from '94 to '98. Basically, I was a freshmen when todays freshmen were born. My school was about 40% black, 50% white, and 10% other. I don't preceive racism as that big an issue because it was pretty evenly dealt out by both blacks and whites. Most racial comments were more intended to push someones buttons rather than flat out pure racial hatred. But, my school wasn't so far down south. The noose incident would definately lead to an expulsion.

U are a rascist. I've come to accept that. That's ok. But what is your reason for calling Al Sharpton and Jackson idiots. I guess us house negroes should just sit our asses down in the back of the bus and shut up, huh?

LOL, a rascist? What is that? Learn to spell and come back later.

And is it because I have a different opinion than you you're calling me a racist, which is what I assume you mean? If so, **** you. You haven't pointed out **** to prove your little whining, moaning accusations about me.

As far as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, "idiots" was TOO nice a word. They're race-baiting hypocritical bigots that exploit and lie to get their despicable faces in the paper. Everyone knows that. Or am I a racist because I criticized some black people!

Sharpton is also a notorious racist, having using derogatory terms against Jews, and Jackson has said he is tired of hearing about the holocaust. Those are but a few examples. Let's not mention Jackson's infidelities despite being a reverend. Do they just hand those titles to anyone?

Maybe us whiteys should shut up and not talk bad about people of color.

Al Sharpton and Jackson are notorious racists. Jackson called New York "Hymie town" for one. I'll agree with the fact that SolidSnake is an idiot but you're wrong about everything else. Oh and I wouldn't recommend spelling you as "u".

Sharpton called a white jewelry business I believe, trying to move into Harlem as "white interlopers".

No, no.

I find Sharpton and Jackon's hijinx amusing. We can't stop them for something as trivial as racial unity. Same goes for the other side of the argument.

---Lietenant Morzan

I thought Jenna 6 was some cool space probe or a top secret Weapon or cool James Bond code name for some top branch of super-spies.

Then when I found out its just a bunch of people getting arrested.. I lost interest.

I thought Jena 6 was some cool space probe or a top secret Weapon or cool James Bond code name for some top branch of super-spies.

Then when I found out its just a bunch of people getting arrested.. I lost interest.

Agreed.

The Bionic Six were much cooler.

bionic-six-cover1.jpg

John Mellencamp
John Cougar Mellencamp
Cougar Mellencamp
Cougar

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads