Tim Burton's BATMAN 3 (...opening credits idea...)

Black Zodak

Civilian
Reaction score
In Spiderman 2, the opening credits started with Alex Ross artwork depicting scenes from Spiderman 1. This was a really cool way to start the film, as the artwork was stunning and it also helped to get the audience up to speed with what happened in the first film.

My idea for Batman 3 would be somewhat similar, but with live action clips instead. Of course, the odds of Burton making a Batman 3 are slim to none, but never say never... :)

I picture the start of BATMAN 3 (during the opening credits) as a montage of clips from the original Batman movies, starting with clips of Batman VS Joker (Nicholson), Batman VS Penguin (DeVito), and Batman VS Catwoman (Phieffer). Now... once those clips from the original films are done, we get new "outtakes" from Keaton's 20 years as Batman, with short clips of him going up against villians who didn't appear in Burton's films. That would really help establish the fact that Keaton's Batman has been busy over the years, and it would be really exciting for fans who want to see Batman villians never seen on film before.

It could be villians like like:

The Scarecrow (new actor)
Poison Ivy (new actor)
The Phantasm
The Monk
Harley Quinn
Two Face (Billy Dee Williams!)
Mr. Freeze (new actor/different suit)
Killer Moth (... with Batman and Moth flying over Gotham)
The Mad Hatter
The Ventriloquist
The Riddler

... I think it would be really cool to see the original Joker/Penguin/Catwoman in the opening of the film during the credits, and then have the credits continue with new scenes of villians never seen in Burton's films. It would certainly give WB a whole bunch of new villians to sell as toys!

Last edited:
Not sure about the big time lap, but i could see it.

I wouldnt be suprised if someone like Jeff Jones was Freeze. Maybe Lisa Marie as Ivy(when she was still around), but i personally see marcia Cross as a burtonisque ivy.

Since it would be during the opening credits, with no dialogue needed, I could definitley see Lisa Marie as Poison Ivy! I don't know if Burton would cast her now though, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. Probably help keep the two of them on good terms :)

well, they were still together at the time, so i could see it. I would still prefer cross.

Doesn't WB realize how much money a Tim Burton/ Keaton Batman 3 would bring? Afterall, Nolan is only doing one more.

This is a very interesting thread - but in my opinion if Burton did make his third film it would've been in '95 and would have been a continuation of the first two films. In a similar vein, the first film had the camera panning through the bat symbol, the second one through Penguin's sewer-labyrinth (a symbol of his journey from human child to beast-like man) - both montages were evocative of the dark cave that Bruce Wayne fell down all those years ago so I would say the third film would continue that tradition. Your idea regarding the clips is really original, but I doubt Burton would do that (but who understands a poet right?) I think it would've depended on the central character of the film - if it was a very young Dick Grayson I think it would've been his journey from the colorful life at Haly's Circus to the dark, atmospheric, black and white life in Wayne Manor - I'm picturing Sleepy Hollow's opening sequence here. That's more characteristic of Burton in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"