• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Today is Free Comic Book Day.

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
What did everybody get? I walked into the store expecting to get only a free comic.

Walked out with just under $20 bucks in comics.

Free Comic -- Last Blood #1
Futurama Comics #27-29
Highlander -- Two 0's, 2, and Two 6's. Knew I got two different covers of 0, but didn't know about 6 until I was in the car.

*Grin* Gonna read them tonight/early morning!

Also had a bunch of comics for a dollar. Didn't really have time, but saw no Man-Thing. Boo.

...I didn't get to go to the store today :( I am totally upset. I really wanted some Highlanders and that Avenger..

...I didn't get to go to the store today :( I am totally upset. I really wanted some Highlanders and that Avenger..

I wasn't impressed with Highlander #0. Like #27 of Futurama. Last one I read...was..may #9? Hardly buy comics, so it's been awhile. INfact I *think* the shop is moving to Atlantic Beach. (Great...now it's like 35 min away instead of 25 or so.)

Now...LastBlood. I like it a lot. Vampire/Zombie comic with a 18+ rating is good. AND it is actually well written. Like teh fact it is in black and white. Issue #2 comes out in July instad of June though.

:csad: I so wanted some Darkman comics there. And Man-Thing, if they had any in the 1.00 cardboard boxes.

Too bad my hours are being cut now at work. Less money. Oh well, I just try to get #2 of LastBlood in July.

the two closest stores to me, that I will go to (the other people are rude), those two stores didn't participate in it. Not usually a problem because I didn't really care, but my brother wanted a comic called Werewolf.

The Dan Slott spider-man comic was probably the best free thing i got today, my friends and I raided our local comicbook store after watching Spider-man 3.

The Astounding Wolf-Man was pretty cool I put it on my pull list. And Umbrella Academy seemed really intriguing.

I buy my stuff online, so they should send it later this week.

I get mine from Midtown comics. There are other sites that offer a bigger discount, (Midtown offers 15%) but none of em seem to be as reliable as Midtown. And by that I mean, getting your comics late or not at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"