Tom Hiddleston is Loki

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Everyone's favorite trickster returns

8b66b302a224368ecd8c0e92a0b8332e0bd9839f.gifv

Tom Hiddleston has not lost a step as Loki here. I enjoy how he played this. Keep in mind this is Loki right after Battle of New York, so we start with him sort of back still in that mode of "I'm going to be the God King." They do some interesting things with that.

That's one casting, Marvel doesn't regret.....not that they regret many evidently.

No surprise that Hiddleston nails it again.

For the most part I thought he was great, Loki is such an intriguing character and this series just adds another meaningful layer to him.

What a moment it was to see Loki’s journey and how it affected him. Hiddleston acting was firing on all cylinders at this point.

The only slight drawback for TH performance was that at some points he was more Hiddleston than Loki, specially when he was being judged... otherwise pretty good stuff specially his back and forth with Owen Wilson.

It took me a bit to get used to this old version of Loki but TH delivered the gods once again.
He's the biggest standout of the series and, from what i've seen, the best performance in any of the Disney shows.

That emotional scene with Sylvie in the final episode was top notch. He went into another gear and i could really feel his pain. Powerful stuff from TH who was great in different levels throughout the series.

in one movie, rdj and chris evans left. and we sadly lost chadwick soon after.

the mcu really elevated hiddleston to their level with this series. they needed to fill that void. they basically made loki into a hero and someone to root for and it was intentional.

and of course, hiddleston took the ball and ran with it b/c he's a brilliant actor.

While I do think Huddleston is a great actor, I didn't like the way he was either directed, or chose to portray Loki all that much here. A good example were his little mannerisms when he gets a fridge. I can imagine it may have been chosen to show how out of his comfort zone he was (or just the tone they wanted), it 'lessened' him a bit too much to me.

Having said that, I thought he was absolutely fantastic in the emotional scenes.
Overall, enjoyed him well enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"