• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers Masterpieces worth it?

Fading

---
Reaction score
I've always liked Transformers Generation 1, but nothing really since then. Point is that I've been wanting a good Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream to have in my collection, but each one of them is a bit pricey (not even sure the Megatron is on shelves yet). I was just wondering if anyones bought any of them and can tell me if their worth the price, or if it's just better to wait for a better version to be made down the line a few years from now (if I even still collect anymore at that point lol). Supposedly they transform and are hyper jointed akin to Marvel Legends, but are very tall. Also they are supposed to come with nice accesories like Optimus having a miniature Megatron in gun mode and matrix.

tf_20prime01.jpg

TakaraMP01OptimusPrimethumb.jpg

whitemeg.jpg

star_bot.jpg

I'm a HUUUUGE Prime fan, HUGE! I skipped out on the first release of Prime simply because I figured if I waited the price would go down (it was 60 then) they re-released him not to long ago as 20th Anniversary DVD Edition Prime....and they added a stupid voice to his base that's not even Peter Cullen. They jacked up the price as well to 69.99.

As much as I really like the look of them...I won't buy them at that price. Yes, they're nice. VERY nice, but just not worth 70 bucks each, IMHO.

OK, first of all I'm not trying to be an ass but that Megatron you posted a picture of is custom. The Starscream is real but its part of the Transformers Classics line and they're about 5"-6" tall and not 10"-12" tall like the Masterpiece figures.

I don't have the Prime yet but like VaderRISE I'm waiting for the price to drop some to get the 20th Anni. DVD Prime. The fact that they didn't use clips of Peter Cullen's voice (which could've been pulled from the damn movie for cryin' out loud) was a very stupid thing to do but I could care less for the base anyway.

The MP-Starscream is indeed out (and even more expensive) but its soooo badass. Just look at this link: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10557&mode=retail

Ah, well I heard there was a MP Starscream out and a Megatron coming out but had never seen them. I just googled MP Starscream and Megatron and those are the first pics to come up, sry I got that confused.

Ya the price sets me off from wanting to pic them up, but it doesn't bother me too much. Guess I was just more curious if they were worth the price, they do look nice tho.

I got the Prime and I think it was definately well worth the price - it's pretty much 75-85% die cast metal and the articulation rocks.

Very well detailed including moving mouth-guard and a movie-correct matrix chamber that can light up with the matrix inside. Also included are the laser axe (like in the movie) and mini Megatron. If you have the mini transformable Megatron, it can sit perfectly in his hands as well. Each finger can bend separately.

I wish his laser cannon was black or gunmetal instead of silver & blue and also wish it had Cullen's voice in the base - but for a collector piece at $70 I think it was well worth the money. Oh, I also wish he came with a trailer...

BTW, I swear my "Classics" Hot Rod is inching closer and closer to MP Prime every night.. one night I thought I even heard someone say "the Matrix!"

I wont be surprised if I find MP Prime on his back with the matrix compartment opened and the matrix missing... LOL

y2jversion1 said:
BTW, I swear my "Classics" Hot Rod is inching closer and closer to MP Prime every night.. one night I thought I even heard someone say "the Matrix!"

I wont be surprised if I find MP Prime on his back with the matrix compartment opened and the matrix missing... LOL

Lol. You wake up one night and your Classic Hot Rod is holding that Matrix, Optimus has a hole in his chest, and suddenly a megatron is standing next to them with a grin on his face.

I bought my boyfriend the Takara Masterpiece Prime, and he was amazed by it. One of the guns is kind of weak, but the figure itself is excellently crafted.

Well worth the 900HKD (~$128CAD, $115USD) I paid for it.

I was very close to getting MP: Prime again, my wife was going to pick it up for me for Christmas.....but I can get a Master Replica's Legend of Zelda sword and shield combo for 20 bucks more.

I'll just wait on the Prime, you'd be surprised where you can find these guys. I found about seven MINT original 1980's transformers at yard sales.

I have Prime and he's lovely. I may get Starscream. Megs is gonna be a ***** to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"