Treasure Island prequel coming to Starz

[YT]Z767khrSPo0[/YT]

In addition to The Walking Dead, Agents of SHIELD and about a thousand other projects, Bear McCreary is scoring this. :up:

I saw that renewal post and thought somehow I'd missed the series premiere until I finished reading "ahead of the series premiere." That's some confidence they have.

That's Starz for you. "Great pilot, **** waiting! Lets go for a season 2!.... aw, the premiere only got 900,000 viewers?"

Outside of Spartacus, nothing on that network has gotten a third season and the current network head didn't even greenlight it. I wonder how long they will keep him around because everything he has put on the air never succeeds either critically or viewership wise. Why should anyone invest their time if they know there is a good chance it will be cancelled after the second season.

He made HBO back in the late 90s but its not working for him now. Maybe don't air shows on Fridays for one. This show could work but will enough people be watching?

[YT]AvO-XlqZYFg[/YT]

[YT]iGz5Rjiu_B4[/YT]

I thought it the opening was ok.

I just watched the first episode of this (Starz made it available ahead of the premiere date). I don't think I've watched a Starz original series before, and I probably wouldn't have watched this except that my brother is CRAZY about everything pirate-related, so I told him I'd check this out for his sake.

For me, the first episode was good enough for me to check out the second. I like that the characters are a mix of historical figures and Treasure Island characters. I love Vikings on the history channel, and this show sort of had a similar vibe, though I still prefer Vikings.

If anyone wants to check out the first episode online, it looks like you can find it here (I watched it on TV):
http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1028427/video-watch-starz-black-sails-premiere-now

EDIT: The online version above appears to be slightly censored. The version I watched on Starz, however, was not... if that matters to you.

Last edited:
For me, the first episode was good enough for me to check out the second. I like that the characters are a mix of historical figures and Treasure Island characters. I love Vikings on the history channel, and this show sort of had a similar vibe, though I still prefer Vikings.

I totally agree about the Vikings vibe.
The first episode was ok, good production value and costumes, decent characters presentation.
Captain Flint was the villain in a Pierce Brosnan's bond which name escape me at the moment.

Edit : Blackbeard :)

Edit : Blackbeard :)

:awesome:

And I agree with you about the production value. Watching those gorgeous ships at sea was breathtaking. I watched some of the behind the scenes previews for it, and you can see all the groundwork that went into making it a real, physical world.

I watched it and I like it. There's a lot of nice details to it. Some parts were surprisingly accurate and realistic. Though of course it's also fictional to a large degree.

And Blackbeard... :funny:

I liked it, wasn't expecting much but the story, especially Captain Flint's scheme, is very intriguing. Will definitely be following this series.

Ahoy !

How to rename the thread title ? Can Sawyer do it or does it needs the holy intervention of a Mod ?
It would be better if "Black Sails" was part of the title, something along the line of "Black Sails a Treasure Island prequel".

Arrrr !

I liked it, wasn't expecting much but the story, especially Captain Flint's scheme, is very intriguing. Will definitely be following this series.

I agree. Flint's play at the end sucked me in. His ambition makes me want to watch. Can't believe he's the d-bag from Die Another Day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"