Trouble with XBOX360 Controller on PC

imdaly

- Part 12
Reaction score
I've got a problem, and I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I'm wanting to use my Xbox360 controller as a PC controller, but I'm having the hardest time getting it to work.

I've got a XBOX 360 Wireless controller. I know that that doesn't work with a PC, but should it not if I have a Play&Charge kit hooked up to it? Doesn't that effectively make it a wired controller?

I plug my controller into the USB port on my PC, and I get the "New USB Device Found" notice. I went to M$'s website and downloaded the little program that's supposed to let WindowsXP accept the controller. I installed it. And....nothing. Still not reading it as a controller.

I've checked my Game Controllers window on my Control Panel, and there's no mention of any installed controllers.

Does anyone know how to help me? It is possible to use this, isn't it?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

I have a wired controller, downloaded the drivers and stuff. I don't really know how to configure it, but during the test all the proper things lit up when I pressed a button or moved something on the controller. In-game though, it wasn't that great. Because I don't know how to configure controllers and things for PC gaming. And I don't really have a vast library.

I'm wanting to use it mainly to play my emulators. Having an actual joystick for N64 games would be wonderful, not to mention being able to play the games NOT on a keyboard.

...I just can't get it to work. :(

I don't even get anything about any configuration for it.

No, it won't work. That charge kit only carries power to the battery pack, the controller is still transmiting the date to the console the same way it always does, via wireless. So no, it isn't going to work on your PC, at least not by any way I can think of, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"