Tulsa King with Slylvester Stallone...

THUNDERSTRIKE

NOTORIOUS, INGLORIOUS, VICTORIOUS
Reaction score
anyone watching?... not bad for Sly's first venture into a weekly series... a former mafia figure who kept his mouth shut by not implicating a leading Mafia don in New York and served 25 years in prison for it, is finally released and learns he has no place in New York and is relegated to taking over any and all criminal activities in Tulsa, Oklahoma... he doesn't like the idea but when he arrives, sees the possibilities and winds up thinking that Tulsa will be his, in time and proceeds to begin his one-man takeover of Tulsa......

Last edited:
I thought I would have to miss this because I don't have Paramount+ but I do have a Paramount channel that is airing this starting Sunday so I do plan to watch this, just slower than some of you. :p

This is definitely not the show I thought it would be. It’s more of a dramedy or spoof of mobster movies/tv series. I only saw the first episode though.

The synopsis vaguely reminds me of Lilyhammer.

Yeah I was definitely thinking of Lillyhammer the entire time I was watching this

I got halfway through the pilot and quit. I didn't find it funny and Dwight was unappealing as a lead character. It's just not for me, not when there's lots of other good shows out there.

I have the first two episodes recorded on my dvr so I’ll check them out possibly today or tomorrow.

I find this a very enjoyable series. I am happy that it has been a hit.

I'm up to episode 6 currently and enjoying it a lot. It's not really comedic, but more lighthearted than I expected - though not without it's moments of violence or gravitas. Stallone feels entirely comfortable in the role and brings a huge amount of charisma and presence to the show. Looking forward to finishing this and a second season also.

How's this compared to Mayor Of Kingstown or 1883?

How's this compared to Mayor Of Kingstown or 1883?

Definitely closer to Mayor Of Kingstown IMO, but I really loved Sly's performance in it. It also has a really strong supporting cast just like Yellowstone and its spinoffs so if you're a fan of those you will probably enjoy it.

Finished it a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed it. Stallone really inhabits the character and despite his faults and flaws, he does grow on you after a while as he has a code which he honors even if he is (on the face of it) a mobster.

I thought this was decent enough, certainly better than anything Yellowstone related. I'm worried about season 2 now, though, with Winter leaving. The less influence Sheridan has the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"