Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=22946
Universal Pictures Remaking Shinobi
Source: Variety
July 31, 2007

Universal Pictures has acquired remake rights to the 2005 Japanese action hit Shinobi from Shochiku and set Max Makowski to write the script and direct, reports Variety. The film is a co-production of Circle of Confusion and Spitfire Pictures.

Makowski will begin writing the movie immediately in hopes it can begin production early next year. While the original pitted two rival ninja clans against each when members from each fall in love, Makowski is modernizing the Romeo and Juliet premise and resetting it in Hong Kong. There, the victor of a 160-year-old feud between two multinational security forces is being decided, with a love affair complicating matters.

Makowski will infuse the film with elements from Asian gangster and ninja genres.

I wish this about the video game character

This is randomly sweet ass news. I LOVE Shinobi. My brother, who was stationed in Japan, told me about it a year or so ago and I got it. Amazing action enhanced by the score. Very Ninja Scroll-esque. But as it's being modernized and removing the ninjas...we'll see.

Every time I see the DVD, I think "is this about the game?" then I read it, and I'm like "no...not it's not" and I stop caring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"