• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

uTorrent question

Nepenthes

Superhero
Reaction score
I've just created and seeded my first torrent file and was wondering about a few things.

t1.jpg

First I want to know what this column means ^. I'm assuming it's the percentage of the total file that that user has downloaded, correct? so when it gets to 100% there should be an extra seeder right?

Second, isn't there a way I can track which files are being downloaded? I want to know which are the popular files. isn't there some kind of breakdown similar to this view

t2.jpg

anyone wise with uTorrent, I'd appreciate it

I have used uTorrent quite a bit...but never created and supported a Torrent...

The first question with the %...that means, how much of the 100% file they have downloaded, and have...so if it has 35.6%, they have 35.6% of the total download...

The Second question is, not sure...typically people pull the entire torrent, therefore its not a big issue...but if you want to pay attention to those who get the torrent, and dont get it all, but PART of the torrent, there has to be logging features in the program.

LASTLY, the screenshots look like copyrighted materials...ILLEGAL

LASTLY, the screenshots look like copyrighted materials...ILLEGAL

It was my understanding that the majority of the comic book companies don't have an issue with downloading the comics. Now this was a few years ago and since then I know Marvel has asked that their comics not be downloaded through ZcultFM's site which they comply. But the DCP (digital comic preservation) creates digital versions of all comics released. I for one like this. I download the comics I collect and want to check out before I add to my pull bin.

looks like you have good taste in comics :D

looks like he is doing a dcp release

not that I know what the DCP is hehe

Digital Comic Preservation, a group of individuals who scan comics then upload them on the internet.

OH!, So when he's doing a DCP release...he's breaking the law?

It's debatable. The comic industry for the most part has turned a blind eye to it. Sites who host comic downloads will delete comics if a publisher asks them. At least they do on ZCultFm. I personally think what the DCP is doing is great for the industry.
1. It gives someone a chance to see a comic for free and "test" it out. I downloaded The Walking Dead and now I am a huge fan of it and support the comic 100%
2. It's preserving comics in a digital medium. Let's face it. paper comics aren't going to live forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"