Video Game Based Theater Coming To New York

Ion Kenshin

Torch Bearer
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in. But i figured since this is video fame related

I love the Theater, whether it's Eugene O'Neill, Bertolt Brecht or a series of plays based on video games. I'll spare you my critical analysis of Saint Joan of the Stockyards and instead tell you all about Brooklyn's Brick Theater and its Game Play festival.
The Brick is running a series of shows based on video games through July, and it sounds like some incredibly awesome theater. Here's what's on the program:
  • Adventure Quest: Aiming to evoke the "Golden Age of home computer gaming," Adventure Quest is "both a nostalgic treat and a glimpse into the yawning Void." The play presents a live action version of a Sierra-style adventure game. If that doesn't get you out to enjoy some culture, nothing will -- this play sounds amazing!
  • Suspicious Package: RX: Set in a dystopian, sci-fi future, this experimental theater piece puts the audience into the drama by providing Zune players that guide you through the plot. According to The Brick's website, this play is "Part theatrical experience, part live video game, part Williamsburg walking tour."
  • Thank You, But Our Princess Is In Another Castle: This piece features live-action machinima. Four classical theater texts will be performed by video game avatars manipulated by gamers live on stage. Technicians will use several XBox 360 consoles and laptops linked to each other to allow audiences to experience classic drama in a new way. Games used include World of Warcraft, Grand Theft Auto IV and Halo 3.
These shows should be worth the 15-20 or so bucks it costs to get in, but The Brick is also providing Rock Band Karaoke and a Chiptunes dance party following some performances--this is my new favorite theater on earth. If I lived within 500 miles of this place, I'd be there for every show.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6...ed&intcid=twitterblog_thefeed#ixzz0JHqKE0Lc&C
This could be fun.

Sounds cool. I don't live anywhere near New York, unfortunately, but I hope someone on the Hype sees them and lets us know how they are.

That does sound interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"