VROOM VROOM The Automobile Aficionados Thread

Nah, I do still think you see things very different than me.

Again, take another look at the Ford Fusion and tell me it looks anything like the new Optima..

Firstly, I didn't know the new Taurus existed until you linked it. Secondly, many new Sedans, especially 'affordable' ones, are following a very similar pattern in design/wraparound lights/etc. You're right I do see things differently...and I'm honestly very thankful for that. So cheers. :up: :O

A new record for most expensive car sold at auction was set this past August....

1957_Ferrari_250_Testa_Rossa_HR.jpg

the actual car that sold:
msiomv.jpg

A 1957 Ferrari 250 Testarossa Race Prototype. 16.3 million dollars. As insane as that is the 250 GTO's from the early 60's are valued in the 20-30's of millions.

1963 Ferrari 250 GTO:
dr407m.jpg

Strangely enough...Carrol Shelby's team redesigned their Cobra roadster into a hardtop GT (Shelby Daytona Coupe) with the specific goal to beat Ferrari in all the international sports car races...which they proceeded to do and become the winningest car of 1965...but recently, it 'only' reached up to around $7.5M, and there were only like six of them ever made. Whereas the Ferraris, which the Shelby beat, numbered into the 30's and go for over twice that.

1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe
apjm9k.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any Jeep lovers here or am I the only one?

I'm currently driving a 2006 TJ but my dream car is a mid 70's Jeep CJ5.

Are there any Jeep lovers here or am I the only one?

I'm currently driving a 2006 TJ but my dream car is a mid 70's Jeep CJ5.
I helped my friend restore a Scrambler last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"