• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Watch Dogs 2

theres already a thread here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=498281&highlight=watch

Yes get rid of Aiden. He was one of the worst protagonist created this gen. So dry and boring

I guarantee WD2 is gonna blow people away. Just like AC2 did. Cant wait.

I sure hope so

When AC2 came out, there was no Wild Hunt to compare it to.

Completely different type of games. I dont see why anyone would need to compare them.

Completely different type of games. I dont see why anyone would need to compare them.
How is it a completely different type of game? Are we not talking about open world games, with narrative driven main stories? Having a gun or sword is irrelevant. It is about the content, namely the side missions and main missions, and their variety and quality. The world has seen GTAV and The Wild Hunt at this point.

Last edited:
How is it a completely different type of game? Are we not talking about open world games, with narrative driven main stories? Having a gun or sword is irrelevant. The world has seen GTAV and The Wild Hunt at this point.

One is an RPG set in olden times and the other is an action sandbox game set in modern era. Completely different genres. Thats like comparing GTA to Skyrim. I really dont think The Witcher 3 is anything like Watch_Dogs besides being open world

One is an RPG set in olden times and the other is an action sandbox game set in modern era. I really dont think The Witcher 3 series is anything like Watch_Dogs besides being open world
It has been awhile, but I remember plenty of RPG elements. Have you played The Witcher? It is very much an action sandbox. It just has good writing, a good main narrative and side missions that aren't super repetitive.

Stuff like MGSV, Wild Hunt, GTAV, AC and Watchdogs are all similar. Except some have legit variety in their content, and others don't. Some have great game play, others don't. But these are all the same idea.

True, but I meant more on how much inprovement players see from game to game.
Well I do hope that is true. But after the last AC, I think I might be over these types of games. They just don't have the story or variety I am looking for and now that I have had it, I don't know if I can go back. :funny:

It has been awhile, but I remember plenty of RPG elements. Have you played The Witcher? It is very much an action sandbox. It just has good writing, a good main narrative and side missions that aren't super repetitive.

Stuff like MGSV, Wild Hunt, GTAV, AC and Watchdogs are all similar. Except some have legit variety in their content, and others don't. Some have great game play, others don't. But these are all the same idea.
Less than an hour. Everyone and everywhere have described the series as a Western RPG though which WD most definitely is not

hmm ok well I'll ask tronny to merge the two threads good find terry.

I agree.

It's like, you might have two vastly different themed side-scrollers, but they still share plenty of similar elements. You're not so much comparing the aesthetics as you are how well the developer utilized the game style. I think it's fair to compare any open world RPG to any other, or any open world action title, or any open world game at all to another -how well did they make use of the space? Did the world appear alive? Were the characters engaging? You can compare gameplay elements regardless of whether it's modern day, fantasy, the future or whatever.

Games like The Witcher or GTA V set certain standards from these type of games that players will come to expect/want. If Watch Dogs 2 doesn't meet those expectations the disappointment is fair enough.

I agree.

It's like, you might have two vastly different themed side-scrollers, but they still share plenty of similar elements. You're not so much comparing the aesthetics as you are how well the developer utilized the game style. I think it's fair to compare any open world RPG to any other, or any open world action title, or any open world game at all to another -how well did they make use of the space? Did the world appear alive? Were the characters engaging? You can compare gameplay elements regardless of whether it's modern day, fantasy, the future or whatever.

Games like The Witcher or GTA V set certain standards from these type of games that players will come to expect/want. If Watch Dogs 2 doesn't meet those expectations the disappointment is fair enough.
James, you put it perfectly. :up:

I'm looking forward to this, despite it's problems I had a lot of fun with part 1, so if they make the leap like they did with AC 1 and 2, it'll be a day one purchase for me

Screen-Shot-2016-06-01-at-3.43.32-PM.png

I'm not believing any footage they show at E3, as a representation of what the final game will look like. Won't make the same mistake twice.

^Word. The first one was the biggest letdown for me (game wise) Maybe... Ever. Hopefule the 2nd one is good but I'm not believing anything.

I'm not fan of these teasers for trailers, but hey, they did it for AC: Syndicate, so I'm hoping this is just as good.

[YT]4xjSlHRBBck[/YT]

Really enjoyed the first game. Got attached to Pierce and Clara. ) Since both of them most likely won't return, I'm curious, but I don't expect anything.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Watch Dogs 2 launches November 15

Published 1 min ago. 7 comments.
Open-world hacking game sequel set in San Francisco.

Watch Dogs 2 will launch on November 15—presumably for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC—advertising material posted on IGN a day ahead of its official premiere tomorrow has revealed.

The artwork featured in the advertising material shows the main character, who first leaked back in May and is featured in yesterday’s teaser video, and the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge in the distance.

A formal reveal is planned for tomorrow, June 8 at 6 p.m. CEST / 9 a.m. PDT / 12 p.m. EDT / 12 a.m. East Asian time.
Thanks, Eurogamer.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, E3 2016, Leaks, Release Dates, Ubisoft, Watch Dogs 2

source: Gematsu

I wish they could've stayed in Chicago for this one, it was cool seeing all the actual streets and landmarks where they're supposed to be.

Interesting, this is way sooner than I was expecting.

Interesting, this is way sooner than I was expecting.

when did you expect it? This seems about right considering it will have been 2 and a half years since the last game and Ubisoft decided not to have an AC game out this fall

when did you expect it? This seems about right considering it will have been 2 and a half years since the last game and Ubisoft decided not to have an AC game out this fall
The reports said it would be by April 2017 the latest, so I was expecting a March release similar to The Division. I was originally hoping for it to take AC's spot in October, but then they announced the wider window so it's a nice surprise for me to see it sooner rather than later.

I'm fine with introducing new characters. I'm excited for this game. I'm interested in what they've added as far as hacking goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"