• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Watchmen Comic Con Panel (Videos)

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
Youtube Links

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Features: Director Zack Snyder and members of the cast including Billy Crudup, Malin Akerman, Matthew Goode, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Jackie Earle Haley, Carla Gugino, and Patrick Wilson,
Footage Description

A five minute reel was shown after the Panel.

The footage begins with Rorschach (Haley) investigating a murder scene, presumably that of Comedian (Morgan), who dies at the beginning of the story. The next shot is of Dr. Manhattan (Crudup) as he lays waste to a fleeing group of Vietnamese soldiers, and then the footage cuts back to Rorschach as he uncovers Comedian's hidden cache of weapons and armor. Next is a shot of Nite Owl (Wilson) as he sits resignedly in his own dust-covered weapons hangar, and then a flash as Snyder and co. recreates the series' iconic scene before the original Silk Spectre (Gugino) and Comedian have a devastating confrontation.The footage then cuts to an expansive shot of Dr. Manhattan on Mars, and keeping in style with the source material, jumps back in time to a shot of Manhattan's mortal incarnation as he finds himself trapped inside the reactor which eventually destroys his physical form and transforms him into Manhattan. Meanwhile, Silk Spectre II (Akerman) and Nite Owl pull a tarp off of the long-retired Owl Ship, and in a massive close-up an unseen clockmaker assembles sprocket wheels and springs. Following a shot of Manhattan exploding as the flesh is literally ripped from his body, Spectre II and Nite Owl share a kiss as a massive explosion goes off behind them.

After a shot of Nixon flashes across the screen, the pacing of the piece accelerates and various shots from the film are shown, including one of the Owl Ship crashing into the snow and Spectre II pulling apart her uniform (presumably to disrobe). Finally, we see a shot of Comedian as he is projected through the window of his apartment; the film speed slows and accelerates to cement the iconic imagery of the series' first few pages, and as he falls out of view, the classic Watchmen logo – a blood-stained smiley face – falls into the center of the frame.

Link

That's all well and good... but I watched all those Friday and yesterday. Now I just want to see the footage.

Things I learned watching these videos:
-Zack Snyder is violently inarticulate...........uh......hehe.........like..dude..
-Only somebody as stupid as Zack Snyder would call the Comedian a badass
-I'm so glad that Matthew Patrick Wilson and Carla Gugino actually had something to say, because nobody else did.

You know, Zack Snyder isn't one of the best "talkers". Like watching interviews and panels, it seems like he can never put his thoughts into words. That just what it seems like to me.

He is still awesome though. :woot:

Yeah so what if he's not the best public speaker? You try giving interviews under the intense pressure of making a movie like Watchmen, when rabid fanboys jump down your throat at every possible moment. "omg, he said 'dude', what an idiot!!!!"

I don't really care if he isn't the best public speaker, I know I sure as hell couldn't do an interview being under the kind of pressure he is.

My only thing is it's kind of hard to understand what he is talking about at times.

But any director who says dude alot is cool in my book :woot:

After listening to the cast, I really felt they all truly believed in what they were doing. Especially Patrick Wilson. None of them sounded bored or condescending or anything. It was really cool.

And so what if Zack Snyder says uh and dude a lot? Some people just have a speech stigma like that. Not to mention he was in front of a capacity crowd at the panel. That's really unfair to call someone "inarticulate" and "stupid" because they say uh a lot when they're answering questions on the spot in front of a huge crowd.

Eh. I think the audio interviews with JEH posted on the SHH! main page are much better. That guy REALLY gets Rorschach.

Man the footage for the ComicCon was great. My 3 top parts were Rorshach opening the comdians place where he stores all his weapons. Then the transormation of Dr. Manhattan so amazingly done. Then the final shot of the comedian getting thrown out of his place through the window with the shot of the smilie button with blood on it.

Idk but when i was there some security people were walking up and down the row with cameras I guess they had it on Night vision so I doubt we'll get any footage

Man! I rarely have so much fun watching panels or interviews! That had me laughing, clapping, and smiling with this huge feeling nostalgia and satisfaction. These guys are SO awesome! :woot:

Things I learned watching these videos:
-Zack Snyder is violently inarticulate...........uh......hehe.........like..dude..
-Only somebody as stupid as Zack Snyder would call the Comedian a badass
-I'm so glad that Matthew Patrick Wilson and Carla Gugino actually had something to say, because nobody else did.

I'd hate to start a feud, but this needs to be said. I find that the senseless belittlement of people as passionate and friendly as Zack to be just a bit middle school. If you have something that's actually constructive to say about the film itself and how it's coming along and what this panel showed you in regards to that, and not just some demeaning drivel because you don't like Mr. Snyder for some reason, that would be preferred.

Some people do appreciate your enthusiasm and dedication, Zack. Hope you see that!

I'm sure the footage will make it's way online.

Well, I guess if anybody had shot a bootlegged version it woulda popped up online several days ago, wouldn't it? It's almost been a week.

That's pretty unusual that no one cam'd it at Comic-Con, isn't it?

I guess the official site will have it online soon then. Friday, perhaps...

Did Zach Snyder get stoned out of his mind before this, or is he just a normally so lacking in any kind of substance. That guy didn't feel like he stated one real, interesting, fact about his views on the material. That scares me just a little bit. All the actors seemed a little bit nervous as well though. ACtually that crowd would probably freak any normal person out.

Also I don't know about Adrien having a german accent half of the time.

How freaking hard is it to hold a camera steady?

It really isn't.

Did Zach Snyder get stoned out of his mind before this, or is he just a normally so lacking in any kind of substance. That guy didn't feel like he stated one real, interesting, fact about his views on the material. That scares me just a little bit. All the actors seemed a little bit nervous as well though. ACtually that crowd would probably freak any normal person out.

So we're judging the quality of the film based on how the director speaks in public in front of how many hundreds/thousands of people? Give me a break.

If you're going to judge this film on anything thus far, it should be on what you've seen and what has been said about it to this point. And I don't know about you, but everything I've seen and heard has me more excited than a kid on Christmas morning for this movie.

I wish the critics of Snyder would just give it a rest. "Waaaah, slow-mo! Waaah, he can't no talk gooder than me! Waaaaah, Alan Moore said this sucks!"

I'm a natural cynic and pessimist, but god dammit, I am looking forward to this movie more than I have to anything else I can recall in a LONG time. Everything I've seen has penetrated my stone-like pessimism and given me reason to hope that a Watchmen movie can be good. And not just hope, but BELIEF that it WILL BE good.

So please, if you want to continue to whine and cry about petty things, go find Alan Moore in whatever dank, dark, lonely place he resides and you can throw stones to your heart's content.

In the meantime, I'll eagerly awaiting this movie, and I know I won't be alone.

And hey, if it does end up being bad, well, then I'll come over and start criticizing. But not until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"