Welcome to Lost Haven. A CAH recruitment

NiteMare Shape

Livin' like a Sheen
Reaction score
It has begun.

We are the Game Masters and this is our world. For many millennia, the small planet named Earth has continued a mundane, un-noteworthy existence. Then, the metahumans came. Slowly at first, the genetic creations of this new dawn soon began to sweep the planet - ranging from every continent to every sea. The Blue Blur of Chicago. Icon and the Survivor of Lost Haven. These metahumans increased awareness and ushered in a new age in human evolution. It has been an exciting, unpredictable adventure - and it has only begun.

Super Terrestrial Review Inside Known Encounters, or S.T.R.I.K.E., has watched the evolution of these metahumans patiently - only interfering when absolutely necessary. Now, after a short time of observation, S.T.R.I.K.E. is be ready to make its move. Under the leadership of Director Alexander Anderson, S.T.R.I.K.E. has set into motion plans that will change things forever.

The people of Earth and its heroes have seen destruction brought to their world by the invading alien forces of the Arlaaekean interstellar military. With the destruction wrought on this tiny planet and its moon, it is a wonder that the humans managed to overcome the sheer adversity and defeat the villainous Arlaaekeans. It was a war not without tragedy, however, as the young hero known as Blacklight gave his life to save others.

Although they have largely rebuilt from the alien cataclysm that rained on their planet, and are still in the process of creating a substitute for their shattered moon and coping with the massive loss of life, these humans persevere. So far. Though the people of Earth think they have seen everything, they are poorly mistaken. Many secrets and lies have yet to be uncovered. Is Area 51 really just a testing site for experimental aircraft - or is there something more sinister about its nature? Does the city of Atlantis lie submerged in the ocean - or is it the product of pure fantasy? The key to uncovering these answers lies with the metahuman.

A host of new heroes and villains have made their presences felt, you can be the next legend.

Be a part of the action. Create your own superhero and protect humanity.

Or create the ultimate villain and rule us all.

The time is now, which side will you choose?​

Wait. We can rule everyone as a villain?!

We don't people tell me these things?!?! :cmad:

We've got alot of exciting things going on, come on in and check it out. Create a hero and save the world, or become the ultimate evil.

We have some great stuff planned that you will not want to miss, so if you're new to the RPG's it's a great time to get involved, or if you've drifted away from some of the games, there's never been a better time to come back.

The Prophecy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To err is not in fact human at all. Let justice be done through the heavens fall.

A sense of betrayal of the simplest kind, inflicting wounds in which there is no healing of the mind.

An act of great deceit, the oldest of old, through hubris of incalculable scales, these wicked deeds be bold.

Employing a prophet to a level so atrocious, so vile, the most unforgivable of them all: Let justice be done through the heavens fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the sake of the world shall The Prophets of the Unknown form. Trials a many shall bring together unity, peace, but first bring much scorn. A Prophet of the Immortals, a Prophet of the Divine, and a Prophet of the Damned. Lo and be hold, one will play into a higher power's most devious plan.

The Create-A-Hero/Villain RPG

It has begun.

We are the Game Masters and this is our world. For many millennia, the small planet named Earth has continued a mundane, un-noteworthy existence. Then, the metahumans came. Slowly at first, the genetic creations of this new dawn soon began to sweep the planet - ranging from every continent to every sea. Kensei of Japan. The Guardians of Lost Haven. These metahumans increased awareness and ushered in a new age in human evolution. It has been an exciting, unpredictable adventure - and it has only begun.

Super Terrestrial Review Inside Known Encounters, or S.T.R.I.K.E., has watched the evolution of these metahumans patiently - only interfering when absolutely necessary. However, they had finally seen enough, and launched an all out assault against the metahuman population, imprisoning and torturing many under the guise of security. However, the true enemy was S.T.R.I.K.E itself. The organizations' methods finally came to a head, and the ensuing fallout resulted in a massive siege in downtown Lost Haven, where there were casualties on both sides.

The city of Lost Haven has been working around the clock to rebuild in the six months following the battle which saw the Guardians fractured with the loss of their leader, and the dissolution of S.T.R.I.K.E.

However, now there are several gangs within the city battling for supremacy, and new heroes trying to make a difference. However, there is also a new threat. A threat like nothing they have faced before. An ancient force of pure evil has been unearthed, and plans to remake the entire world in his image.

With the world's heroes in disarray, is there anyone who can step in and save us all?

A host of new heroes and villains have made their presences felt, you can be the next legend.

Be a part of the action. Create your own superhero and protect humanity.

Or create the ultimate villain and rule us all.

The time is now, which side will you choose?​

Last edited:
Wait. We can rule everyone as a villain?!

We don't people tell me these things?!?! :cmad:
You can't rule me...

3r4eq0.jpg

On a serious note, NiteMare, have you ever considered doing a reboot? I know it's not the most desirable thing for some, but taking things back to the beginning with a fresh start might be a good thing.

Granted, there have been games where it hasn't worked, but there's been plenty of others where it has helped to save them. Given the concept of the CAH game, I prefer to lean towards the latter, though you may call me optimistic.

On a serious note, NiteMare, have you ever considered doing a reboot? I know it's not the most desirable thing for some, but taking things back to the beginning with a fresh start might be a good thing.

Granted, there have been games where it hasn't worked, but there's been plenty of others where it has helped to save them. Given the concept of the CAH game, I prefer to lean towards the latter, though you may call me optimistic.

Yeah, but I dunno. It might be something to think about after this season, but who knows. Maybe once we've finished this season, I'll float the idea and see who's interested. Though, I think that with the nature of the game we really don't need a reboot, but I'm willing to do whatever has to be done. I'll see what everybody else thinks

Last edited:
Once next season starts, I'll probably jump back in as Kensei.

Possibly Hellfire as well, maybe even starting that first arc from scratch again, since it didn't even get off of the ground before it died.
Course, that all depends on Byrd's thoughts on it all.

Was thinking, maybe I should wrap up the arc I'm currently doing. We give MST3K time to wrap up his arc since we've caught him in the middle of an arc and then (presuming Shape wouldn't mind since I haven't discussed anything with him yet) he could write summaries of events from the earlier seasons. I could do the same with the later ones (so I'm not burying him in a ton of work without carrying any load myself) and then re-start at a good clear jumping on point for everybody.

I'm loathe to just bin all of the work that everyone's done since more than any other RPG the CAH is the total sum of its posters' creativity. I wouldn't say never, but I'd rather try other avenues before going with a full re-boot. Hopefully if we can give people enough clear information into continuity it'll be easier to jump on board. Make it less intimidating. Easier to follow along.

Once we have a clear jumping on point, I might try something that I had a shot at earlier (if Shape approves), in page-in-a-post summaries. If this works out how I'm seeing it, it'll mean we can get 4 seasons (maybe 3 and a half is closer to the point so far) of the RPG down to about 2 or 4 posts and then from that each page down to an individual post.

Just throwing that out there as an idea. Any thoughts?

I think a well written, semi-detailed summary of each season would definitely help. I can only imagine that the fact that the game is nearing the end of it's fourth season as intimidating potential players. The whole "unfamiliarity" of the game world could make some wary of signing up.

As you mention, CAH is completely based on the creativity of it's players throughout the seasons. To somebody interested in making a character and jumping in, that could be a concern.
With the games based on DC and Marvel (even the Ultimate ones) there is at least a plethora of information for potential players to fall back onto and use.
It is much easier to take up a character and figure out a way to integrate them into a gameworld in which you are familiar with, after all, than it is a gameworld that is completely alien to you.

Was thinking, maybe I should wrap up the arc I'm currently doing. We give MST3K time to wrap up his arc since we've caught him in the middle of an arc and then (presuming Shape wouldn't mind since I haven't discussed anything with him yet) he could write summaries of events from the earlier seasons. I could do the same with the later ones (so I'm not burying him in a ton of work without carrying any load myself) and then re-start at a good clear jumping on point for everybody.

I'm loathe to just bin all of the work that everyone's done since more than any other RPG the CAH is the total sum of its posters' creativity. I wouldn't say never, but I'd rather try other avenues before going with a full re-boot. Hopefully if we can give people enough clear information into continuity it'll be easier to jump on board. Make it less intimidating. Easier to follow along.

Once we have a clear jumping on point, I might try something that I had a shot at earlier (if Shape approves), in page-in-a-post summaries. If this works out how I'm seeing it, it'll mean we can get 4 seasons (maybe 3 and a half is closer to the point so far) of the RPG down to about 2 or 4 posts and then from that each page down to an individual post.

Just throwing that out there as an idea. Any thoughts?

I'd be willing to try that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"