• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

WETA doing Silver Surfer as a CGI character!

Hellmistress said:
More from Doug yesterday - he talks here about the MTV expose. No spoilers!

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_10800.html

HM

Q: Do you prefer heavy makeup or CGI dots?

DJ: Well, to this day, I've never done CGI dots for motion capture. I just finished a job where everyone thought that's what I did and that is not exactly the case.

It seems someone has been telling us that for a while.;)

It's amazing that no one managed to get any shots of him throughout the whole shoot.

That really gives us something to look forward to in a couple days.

Willie Lumpkin said:

Q: Do you prefer heavy makeup or CGI dots?

DJ: Well, to this day, I've never done CGI dots for motion capture. I just finished a job where everyone thought that's what I did and that is not exactly the case.

It seems someone has been telling us that for a while.;)

It's amazing that no one managed to get any shots of him throughout the whole shoot.

That really gives us something to look forward to in a couple days.
They're basically doing what they did with Colossus for the last X-Men movie. Using a make-up suit and giving the digital metallic look in post.

^^Yup.
These following caps were made by a1ant and La She-Beast from the dvd.

Before....
12.jpg
9.jpg
colossusvn3.jpg

After.....
9Colossusrunning.jpg

Colossus.jpg

Retroman said:
I had a feeling MTV spilled some details they probably shouldn't have.Oh well, the 'damage' is done. Its out there and its got fanboys in a frenzy. Theres no such thing as bad publicity. lol:woot:

The MTV article spilled a lot of beans, but it has raised intrest a lot. And that is not necessarly a bad thing. It was getting kind of boring, but that article lit things up, and right before the teaser trailer ? Hmmmmmmmmm. Me thinks there is a connection there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"