• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What are your favorite moments/figures in history?

When our wisdom as a species has caught up with our technology we will achieve a golden age.

The real question is the rat race moving us closer or further away from that goal line.

I think we need a few hundred social experiments scattered across the globe to see what works and what doesn't. Instead powerful forces are trying to make the ways of the world more streamlined. Does that benefit the many or the few?

I agree:up:
culture is an ever evolving thing. Traditions come or go evolve into something else. You cannot pull a pol pot and turn civilization back to year zero.

I think some of these people who complain are either afraid of change or ignorant.

I firmly of the belief the human race has not 'peaked' yet and that are best days are not behind us.

A little of both, I think.

You may be right that our best days being ahead of us, but there will be significant backlash against the changes that bring about those days. It will not be a smooth path.

People always flip out over change. If I had a penny for every time someone said we can't let people do this or that because it will be the end of something or other I would be a very rich man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"