What is the best and favourite comic you’ve ever read?

marvelart

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey Friend, What is the best and favourite comic you’ve ever read?

My favorite is Sinestro Corps War. The "best" would probably be something from Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run.

Kingdom Come and Batman: The Killing Joke are my all-time #1 and 2. I mention both because they're so close as to be almost a tie.

In terms of ambition and industry impact: Watchmen
In terms of a personal favorite: Batman: Gothic

haven't read that much compared to a lot of people on here but Red Son

Tough call, but probably a 3-way tie between James Robinson's Starman, Watchmen, and Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing.

Three of the greatest comics I've ever read, and continually go back to (at least as far as DC comics go).

Forgot to mention Alan Moore's run on Marvelman Miracleman. Without doubt one of the best arcs I've read.

... I can't answer this with only one or two books!

Best Flash book (as both a favorite and in terms of quality): Return of Barry Allen (2nd place: Blitz)

An utterly fantastic character driven story that exploits the lore and continuity of comics to creat and epic tale of finally emerging from a mentor's shadow.

Best Teen Hero comic: Young Justice - the whole series.

To me this thing beautifully uses humor, drama, and action to tell a great introduction story that manages the hard task of balancing beloved characters who have their own solo books.

Best Superman story: "What's so bad about Truth, Justice, and the American Way?"

Personally, I think this is the strongest reconstruction of Superman as a hero, and it does it all with the Post-Crisis Superman. Suck it, Silver Age.

Best Batman book: Too many to count, it honestly depends on my mood.

Best Robin book: the first Robin miniseries.

Does a great job with introducing Tim Drake, using Lady Shiva, and introducing a great antagonist in King Snake.

Best Batgirl book: the Cassandra Cain series up until the death duel with Shiva.

See above, but with the *best* Batgirl.

Best Robin book: the first Robin miniseries.

Does a great job with introducing Tim Drake, using Lady Shiva, and introducing a great antagonist in King Snake.

I've got the trade of that (Robin: A Hero Reborn). Not generally into Robin solo stories but that is a good one! :up:

I grew up on John Byrne's "Man of Steel".

Will always be my favourite.

Honorable mentions for Kingdom Come & All Star Superman.

I’d say best would be Kingdom Come, All Star Superman, and The Long Halloween. Favorites would be Hush, Battle for the Cowl, and No Mans Land.

All Star Superman. V for Vendetta.

Okay this is massively hard.....

I'm going to have to do a top 10 DC comics of All time.

O. Watchmen, which is so far above the entire genre it deserves it own list.

1. Dark Knight Returns, best Batman story of all time.

2. Kingdom Come

3. Batman Year One

4. Flash, the once and future Flash ( sometimes this is lower on the list)

5. Superman: the Man of Steel.

6. Superman: Brainiac

7. All Star Superman

8. JLA Earth 2 ( Grant Morrison)

9. Animal Man: Coyote Gospel

10. Superman: for the Man who has everything.

Honorable mention, Superman Red Son.

BtW the single greatest and most epic issue of any comic book ever I human history is Miracleman #15 (1987) recently reprinted by Marvel.

I'd say the best would be Superman all star or Watchmen. My favorite is V for Vendetta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"