• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Supergirl What would you do if you ran the show?

HRPUFFSTUFF

Civilian
Reaction score
If you were given the job of show runner what would you do to the show?

1) I would bring Supergirl into the future for an story arc in with the LOS. Have them bring her there to stop the Fatal Five.

2) Bring in characters like Ultraman a version of Superman that survived the crisis and is living on earth prime powerless until he is exposed to kryptonite gaining powers, Matrix would be more or less just the same origin as in the comics, and Power Girl would be a hold over from another earth that is trapped on earth prime just like Ultraman only she has her powers but has been hiding out.

3) Lex Luthor forms the The Secret Society of Super Villains

4) I would adapt the Lighting Saga for a mini crossover with Batwoman.

5) Lex Luthor forms Infinity Inc. using his "Everyman Project"

If I was in charge from the start then I would have made it a rule not to use too many Superman stories and villains. I actually think they do Supergirl a disservice by just doing Superman story with Supergirl or Supergirl takes on Superman villain etc. The writers have shown a lack of creativity by doing both these things. They should have really delved into Supergirl’s own stories/villains & got their creative hats on to create new ones.

I would have made it clear the pair are equals too and made sure that there was none of this tearing him down to big Supergirl up stuff. Not only is that disrespectful again to Supergirl & Superman but it’s also a really cheap way to make her be a better hero. What she should be is a great hero in her own right.

As vantheman too I wouldn’t have all the political stuff. I’m not saying they should never touch in political themes but doing it in a more subtle way would make this show far less eye rolling.

Get rid of the political stuff, first and foremost.
There’s this thing that viewer/critics sometimes do: they exaggerate isolated flaws in a movie or TV show and imply they were far more pervasive. I’m not sure this phenomenon has a formal name; but TV Tropes’ “Never Live it Down” is in the ballpark. :word:

Admittedly, Supergirl’s foray into preachy, PC wokeness wasn’t confined to one or two atypical episodes. For instance, there was a good stretch where the series heavily leaned into the pro-immigrant/anti-Trump allegory. And this effort wasn’t particularly subtle or clever. But things have been dialed back considerably. There are still plenty of other problems with the scripts that could use fixing. But as matters stand now, I wouldn’t put political heavy-handedness at the top of a list.

I wouldve gotten rid of CatCo after Cat Grant left. Replace it with the Daily Star.

Bring in Granny Goodness and the New Gods as big bads for a seasonal storyline (now with Superman, Granny/Female Furies would be the big bad on SG, DeSadd for Superman, leading up to a big crossover event with Darkseid)

The DEO would become the big bad with them vs. Kara with Alex never returning to them.

I would have Mon-El returning for the cross-overs. I don't know why he was written out of Supergirl.
He could have replaced Superman in Elseworlds.

I would have Mon-El returning for the cross-overs. I don't know why he was written out of Supergirl.
He could have replaced Superman in Elseworlds.

Not for me, Elseworlds was better with Superman. It was also vital in setting up the new Superman & Lois show as thats where they laid it’s foundations.

Primal Slayer and SuperRouth: If I ran the show, I would have created a better character out of Mon-El, by discussing it with the writers. He wouldn't have been boring. The audience wouldn't hate him either.
I mean, it's so dumb he never appeared in any cross-overs, despite having his powers.

Last edited:
Not for me, Elseworlds was better with Superman. It was also vital in setting up the new Superman & Lois show as thats where they laid it’s foundations.
The "if you ran the show" question means running everything about Supergirl and its characters.
I would have not gone for a Superman & Lois series, but rather just a Superman one (with Lois as a major character, ofc).

And having Mon-El written much better than what he was could lead to him having his own series too, which I also would have run.
I would have made sure to really boost his popularity. So much that people would start wanting a Mon-El film.

Last edited:
The "if you ran the show" question means running everything about Supergirl and its characters.
I would have not gone for a Superman & Lois series, but rather just a Superman one (with Lois as a major character, ofc).

And having Mon-El written much better than what he was could lead to him having his own series too, which I also would have run.
I would have made sure to really boost his popularity. So much that people would start wanting a Mon-El film.

OK good for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"