Whiskey Cavalier

Without Netflix there would have been no streaming revolution. Now that Netflix has shown it is viable all the studios are trying to cash in on their success. They should be thanking Netflix, not trying to screw them over.

Without Netflix there would have been no streaming revolution. Now that Netflix has shown it is viable all the studios are trying to cash in on their success. They should be thanking Netflix, not trying to screw them over.
Huh? Not discounting what they have done for streaming, just stating that a lot of it was built on studio IP licences (and still is) which was actually hurting the studios that created them. So maybe they should thank the studios as well? I don't feel sorry for them or the studios, but the minute they started creating their own content they drew a line in the sand, so it makes sense for some studios (if they have the ability) to start protecting their content no?

I'm much more bullish on what Disney and WarnerMedia can offer then Netflix going forward, but that's just me. If you hope for Whiskey to continue (as I do) then it will probably be on Warner's service.

Was surprised to see that ABC may pull a Timeless, but would be very happy if Whiskey Cavalier got a second season, especially given the ending with Standish getting ambushed. Yeah, Whiskey Cavalier doesn't reinvent the wheel or change the face of television, but I think it's a fun enough watch and I've grown to like the team's chemistry. Yeah, you've seen this kind of show before, but I enjoy it.

Plus, as a part of The Walking Dead fandom, this show getting a second season would be the ultimate last laugh towards those who wanted this show to fail just to stick it to Lauren Cohan for her taking a step back from The Walking Dead.
yeah writers keep doing despited them selve knowing they are in danger of being cancelled it's weird.
as to standdish or lewda dish (he's was always Channeleing lewda chris inthis show after will was kidnapped )being stabbed in the heart multiple times in the heart at the end while he was talking will answering machine cause will couldn't be bothered cause romance? then again stand dish should have told in person after action was done. if they comback standish should ether be dead or in life support.

BTW that interpole agent that married that crime lord's daugher that ollerman killed withb the nananites befor they all did that mission to save Ray. did they even bother with a funeral for that poor guy? He did save them from those geriatric assassin's. some should tell his wife that he went out saving them. Yep this really should be a Cw show.

Huh? Not discounting what they have done for streaming, just stating that a lot of it was built on studio IP licences (and still is) which was actually hurting the studios that created them. So maybe they should thank the studios as well? I don't feel sorry for them or the studios, but the minute they started creating their own content they drew a line in the sand, so it makes sense for some studios (if they have the ability) to start protecting their content no?

I'm much more bullish on what Disney and WarnerMedia can offer then Netflix going forward, but that's just me. If you hope for Whiskey to continue (as I do) then it will probably be on Warner's service.

yep this show as "I said" this show should be on the Cw on the same day as the legend's of tomorrow it'd complement that show as the other to it as well . Then they should push cw seed the same way CBS push's their own streaming service too. though this might mean scott F, may need to move his family from Prague to north America. likely Canada. but it'll cheaper on the show. and and Montreal & other parts of Canada do have influence's of Europe in their building. another to mention it worked for the show suit's which made Megan markle big.

Last edited:
Though its dialogue was often clever and funny, Whiskey Cavalier was a pretty standard action comedy. Nothing particularly groundbreaking about it. But where it could claim uniqueness was with respect to its locations (Prague and other parts of Europe). Quite simply, no other network show looked like WC. So the notion of saving it by reducing its budget and moving it to (say) Vancouver strikes me as nonstarter.

Though its dialogue was often clever and funny, Whiskey Cavalier was a pretty standard action comedy. Nothing particularly groundbreaking about it. But where it could claim uniqueness was with respect to its locations (Prague and other parts of Europe). Quite simply, no other network show looked like WC. So the notion of saving it by reducing its budget and moving it to (say) Vancouver strikes me as nonstarter.
which is why I didn't say Vancouver. I said montreal . which has more of a Europe feel with it's building as does some parts of tronoto. and ottowa. Vancouver looks alot more like the states. lastly who said they can't visit the other places in europe exterior wise but initrior wise copy what's photo graphed there and re produce things?
it's worked for legends.

Any way I don't do argumentative and stubborn. This is all owned by owned by warner bro's. they're richer then ABC . if they use the excuse they won't do the show in Europe cause of expense but still want to do the show than that's likely what will happen.

Last edited:
I don't get the point of saying they may bring it back just to drum up some weird false hope.

Apologies to fans of this show but I hope it gets canned. The promos were so damned annoying.

yeah writers keep doing despited them selve knowing they are in danger of being cancelled it's weird.
as to standdish or lewda dish (he's was always Channeleing lewda chris inthis show after will was kidnapped )being stabbed in the heart multiple times in the heart at the end while he was talking will answering machine cause will couldn't be bothered cause romance? then again stand dish should have told in person after action was done. if they comback standish should ether be dead or in life support.

BTW that interpole agent that married that crime lord's daugher that ollerman killed withb the nananites befor they all did that mission to save Ray. did they even bother with a funeral for that poor guy? He did save them from those geriatric assassin's. some should tell his wife that he went out saving them. Yep this really should be a Cw show.

yep this show as "I said" this show should be on the Cw on the same day as the legend's of tomorrow it'd complement that show as the other to it as well . Then they should push cw seed the same way CBS push's their own streaming service too. though this might mean scott F, may need to move his family from Prague to north America. likely Canada. but it'll cheaper on the show. and and Montreal & other parts of Canada do have influence's of Europe in their building. another to mention it worked for the show suit's which made Megan markle big.

CW would be a good spot for this. Make it happen WB, you have the platforms to save it.

Would it? I feel like with the exception of Supernatural they only go for casts that are like in their 20s-early 30s

True, but it's been done as you said. I just want to see more. WarnerMedia launches Q4 2019, hopefully they bring it to that. Great potential to grow an audience imho.

CW would be a good spot for this. Make it happen WB, you have the platforms to save it.

Would it? I feel like with the exception of Supernatural they only go for casts that are like in their 20s-early 30s

True, but it's been done as you said. I just want to see more. WarnerMedia launches Q4 2019, hopefully they bring it to that. Great potential to grow an audience imho.

looking at the shows on the CW and show's hypters have watch the show's for character like captain cold played (wentworth miller) and mic ( a hypter fave) that . and victor Garber as stein on legends.

with arrow which I don't watch anymore due the writhing there was our fellow Brotha Diggle on the show who doesn't the 20-early 30's thing. nether did Malcolm Merlin which the writers of that show were in love with.

there also flash which the actor that plays well and on occasion the reverse flash which the writers of that show are overly obsessed more then in love with and we also saw joe west take on a Samuri Robot both actor's past those ages.

and lastly super girl with David haywerth as Martian Manhunter another hypter fave and way past those age group's all of which those actor made those show's better despit some of the worst writing the CW has to offfer. but people stick to those show cause of those actors.

with me the show writing have to match the actors skills to complement their talent. but I speak for my self which is why took break from most ofthe cw shows. in any caase my youngest sister which I just spoke to agree's Whiskey Cavalier has the same tone as these shows. the youngest person there was standish. at the start of the series it was hinted at theother agency's across the world were infected with this trust organization and ollerman was on a part of them ther other top crime lords.

so all that's needed is for them to have more a off the book's Spy unite with Will & franky's team instead USA characters and with some younger agents too. But the age's they are at with characters they already have aren't a problem the cw has proved with others like L.o.t.

A good lot of the good actor that are love in these shows are past those ages of 20-early 30's . Espeacilly on l.o.t. which this would work well pairwise.

all this being said if the people at WB don't see it or some that run the station of the cw or it's cw seed on line service doesn't see it , it won't happen. but that show has too similar t tone to alot of their Cw shows. thye made it that way so it'll be weird of them.

Last edited:
I will miss the cast and their chemistry with each other, but if it were between this and the Rookie, I'd choose The Rookie, which got renewed thankfully.

I will miss the cast and their chemistry with each other, but if it were between this and the Rookie, I'd choose The Rookie, which got renewed thankfully.
I watch that show as well but I prefer Whiskey, like someone said the setting looks unique compare to the other shows (well at least thee Abc shows that I've watched this season). The cast is also more engaging and I liked that they have an opening title sequence which is now rare for broadcast network shows.

I never got why a bar was their homebase. And not to mention, all they do at their bar is drink alcohol.

I never got why a bar was their home base. And not to mention, all they do at their bar is drink alcohol.
lol that's so from the live action flash on th Cw and the way star lab's has been running since season 2 when barry got the run of the place. but they don't run the place like a true lab at all and they only help the police the department once month per season. so that's another reason this should be cw show right @Kuwolski & @Hunter Rider

though I was sure their home base in Whiskey Cavalier was called the Hive, which ollerman escaped from after the foud out he was still alive tina drove the gettaway care . and the bar was more of lair group safe house thing when they aren't at the Hive.

I watch that show as well but I prefer Whiskey, like someone said the setting looks unique compare to the other shows (well at least thee Abc shows that I've watched this season). The cast is also more engaging and I liked that they have an opening title sequence which is now rare for broadcast network shows.

The opening sequence looked like a graphic novel. Was also a bit reminiscent of Human Target.

Maybe they could have a wrap up movie like Timeless to tie up all the loose threads and bring it to a proper conclusion rather than leaving it on a cliffhanger.

Why did they end it on a cliffhanger anyway? Were they even that confident of a renewal? I never thought they'd get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"