• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Iron Man Sequels Who would you want to write Iron Man 3?

Xamjes

Civilian
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this ever since Favreau decided to no longer direct the third film. I know the main thought on everyone's mind is "who's going to direct?" but i'm thinking about who a good writing and directing team might consist of....

So, my suggestion for writer is Matt Fraction, the man behind the re invigoration of the Invincible Iron Man comics.... His stories are on the scale of a blockbuster film, and I trust him to do a great job with this character having worked on him for the past 2 years.

Just my suggestion. What do you guys think and who would you like to see write the next installment.

I also believe Matt Fraction would be a good choice.Why don't they ever use great comic book writers to write the scripts for movies. Geoff Johns should've written the Green Lantern!

I really hope they do choose another screenwriter because Justin Theroux's scripts have proven to be crap.

You wan't the third to be the worst of the franchise?

I nominate Aaron Sorkin. :awesome:

He would do well, most likely but I really don't know if he's ever attempted any sort of genre writing. Doesn't he usually focus on more real world type stuff?

Anyway if he got the gig, I wouldn't complain.

I don't think he would do it or should do it. He's a grounded in reality guy who only does drama.

Well he worked on a Michael Bay film so his standards can't be that high.

He was only a script doctor for the film (and only rewritten a few lines) and that's still different from the first two Iron Man films.

Yes he did. You're point being?

Sorkin's actually a pretty great choice, great quick-paced dialogue is his forte, going by Social Network and Iron Man has that style too, just with more improv. The reality-based stuff works well too. Combine that with a director as good as Favs and some comic book consultants and you've got a solid script for a third.

He'd probably be a good script doctor as he's great with dialogue. But you just don't get a guy who's always been grounded in reality to write a screenplay about tech-based suits, fantastical villains (since's Mandarin will be in it), and Marvel references.

Can't see Sorkin doing IM3, particularly as he's about to win an Oscar. If Marvel are going to hire a director to conform to their whim it'll be no different for their choice of writer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"