Why i think celine dion is bigger than mariah and whitney

RLAAMJR.

Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Celine Dion, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston are the three most popular female music artists when it comes to having powerful voices. In fact, they're called The Vocal Trinity.

Most Mariah fans tend to like Whitney more than Celine and most Whitney fans tend to like Mariah more than Celine.

And of course their fans would say their faves are bigger than Celine.

Well, im creating this thread to point out why Celine is the biggest female music artis among the 3.

1. Net Worth
Celine Dion - $630 million
Mariah carey - $520 million
Whitney Houston (after death) $20 million

2. Record sales
We've heard Celine and Mariah being declared to have sold more than 200 million records but never heard one for Whitney .
But according to charmatsers.org
Celine Dion -193,422,000 EAS (as of September 2016)
Mariah Carey - 167,149,000 EAS ( as of April 2017)
Whitney Houston - 151,693,000 EAS (as of May 2017)

3. Biggest singles:
My Heart Will Go On - 62,750,000 EAS
I Will Always Love You - 33,630,000 EAS
All I Want For Christmas Is You -14,190,000 EAS

Biggest duet singles:

Beauty and the Beast [Celine Dion] – 6,700,000
One Sweet Day [Daydream] – 6,490,000
The Prayer [These Are Special Times] – 3,390,000
Tell Him [Let’s Talk About Love] – 3,180,000
I’m Your Angel [These Are Special Times] – 3,060,000
Immortality [Let’s Talk About Love] – 2,400,000
I’ll Be There [Orphan] – 2,260,000
Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) [Rainbow] – 2,070,000
When You Believe [Orphan] – 1,830,000

Achievements:

1. Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celine_Dion_Parfums - proves the success of her perfumes called "Celine Dion Parfums". As stated on the wiki link: "On announcement of the release of Pure Brilliance it was announced that global retails sales are currently at $850 Million, ranking as one of the most successful celebrity fragrances."

2. Link: http://zeenews.india.com/entertainme...kozy_2494.html - the President of France Nicolas Sarkozy has given Celine Dion the France's highest award, the Légion d'honneur stating: "France thanks you because your talent and your success have contributed to the influence of the French language outside our borders."

3. Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_New_Day... - stating "A New Day... is the most successful residency of all time, grossing over US$385 million ($454.39 million in 2017 dollars) and drawing nearly three million people to 717 shows."

When Celine left Las Vegas, Las Vegas struggles its economy. And when news about Celine Dion returning to Las Vegas with a new show called "Celine", Celine was labeled "The Savior of Las Vegas" . And when she returned, Las Vegas economy went up. And more music artists also stayed in Las Vegas to do residency shows.

Ill add more later.

Last edited:
I like all three but Whitney is my fave. Celine may have more money and bigger sales but Whitney has more iconic and memorable songs imo.

Now that whitney is dead i think Sia is the only female artist over 40 now who can still acheive number ones. Like you never hear new Madonna or Celiene or J-Lo songs on the radio. Only Sia!

I like all three but Whitney is my fave. Celine may have more money and bigger sales but Whitney has more iconic and memorable songs imo.

Now that whitney is dead i think Sia is the only female artist over 40 now who can still acheive number ones. Like you never hear new Madonna or Celiene or J-Lo songs on the radio. Only Sia!

Sia had one #1 song over two years ago.

Sia had one #1 song over two years ago.

Yes and she can easily get another! Sia is one of the only artists over 40 who still writes and records chart-worthy playable music.

Congratulations, RLAAM. Based on the video released today, Celine Dion has become the greatest singer in the history of the world. You won, man, you won.

[YT]CX11yw6YL1w[/YT]

Congratulations, RLAAM. Based on the video released today, Celine Dion has become the greatest singer in the history of the world. You won, man, you won.

The song didn't really do well in terms of sales, streaming, charts and views.

But...

The music video is awesome absolutely. One of a kind too because it makes you feel serious and funny at the same time.

So I hope the movie theme song can win an Emmy award, Tony award, GoldenGlobe award and Oscar award. As well as Grammy award and Academy award.

Mariah I don't think even belongs in this discussion. Shes not nearly as talented as Whitney or Celine, regardless of any success shes had.

Mariah I don't think even belongs in this discussion. Shes not nearly as talented as Whitney or Celine, regardless of any success shes had.

Actually, she is more talented than the other two cos aside from she has more versatility in singing, she writes great songs too.

I'm not sure if "All I want for Christmas" is quite in the same category as "My Heart Will Go On" or "I Will Always Love You."

AIWFC is a Christmas song. It's naturally going to get lots of air play and sales every November to December because it's seasonal. But is it really as iconic a song in its own right as MHWGO or IWALY? The latter two are iconic and even Dion and Houston's signature songs independent of any holiday season.

Carey ought to have a comparable non-Christmas song. But what's her closest and most iconic and successful solo song (not duet) apart from AIWFC? Does she have one? Hero perhaps?

I'm not sure if "All I want for Christmas" is quite in the same category as "My Heart Will Go On" or "I Will Always Love You."

AIWFC is a Christmas song. It's naturally going to get lots of air play and sales every November to December because it's seasonal. But is it really as iconic a song in its own right as MHWGO or IWALY? The latter two are iconic and even Dion and Houston's signature songs independent of any holiday season.

Carey ought to have a comparable non-Christmas song. But what's her closest and most iconic and successful solo song (not duet) apart from AIWFC? Does she have one? Hero perhaps?

Not currently, but perhaps in the future it will be on the same category as My Heart Will Go On and I Will Always Love You.

It's natural or normal for a xmas song to get a lot of airplays every xmas season but what Mariah's xmas song is doing is EXTRAORDINARY and AMAZING it's the only xmas song that could top the charts on some countries worldwide and re-enter the us billboard hot 100 due to massive streaming and sales. So don't see All I Want For Christmas Is You as a natural/normal song cos it's not. It's a MASSIVE xmas song.

Not currently, but perhaps in the future it will be on the same category as My Heart Will Go On and I Will Always Love You.

It's natural or normal for a xmas song to get a lot of airplays every xmas season but what Mariah's xmas song is doing is EXTRAORDINARY and AMAZING it's the only xmas song that could top the charts on some countries worldwide and re-enter the us billboard hot 100 due to massive streaming and sales. So don't see All I Want For Christmas Is You as a natural/normal song cos it's not. It's a MASSIVE xmas song.

I'm not talking about whether AIWFC is considered iconic or not. I'm saying it's not in the same category as the other two because you're not comparing like for like. One is a Christmas song. The other two are non-Christmas songs. You need to compare either 3 Christmas songs or 3 non-Christmas songs.

Christmas songs have different factors affecting it to a non Holiday song.

I'm not talking about whether AIWFC is considered iconic or not. I'm saying it's not in the same category as the other two because you're not comparing like for like. One is a Christmas song. The other two are non-Christmas songs. You need to compare either 3 Christmas songs or 3 non-Christmas songs.

Christmas songs have different factors affecting it to a non Holiday song.

AIWFCIY is iconic to be honest. It's been extraordinary doing well since 1994.

AIWFCIY is indeed an Xmas song but IWALY and MHWGO are movie theme songs and when the movies are shown on tvs, it helps the songs get more attention. My Heart Will Go On is a bit seasonal too cos there are people/sites/organizations who pay homage every April for the people who died and survived the Titanic tragedy. As for Whitney's song, since it's her signature, it also gets more attention on her death anniversary every year

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"