• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Smallville is Better than Heroes

1st of all SV was on WB not on CW for 1st 5 seseaon and last time i checked WB was credible network

let's face it where is Heroes and where is SUPERMAN there is no comparasion at all

SV is going strong despite all complaints because people still watch the show even haters see the show which help the ratings

point is wether u hate it or like it there is no ignoring SV because of superman theme

Heroes on the under had one jumblede mess when people are getting fired in its 3rd seseaon u know show is in trouble

and yes acting wise SV is leauge ahead of heroes

i mean atleast TW , MR, JG and others are better actors than those model pretty boys of heroes who look came straight out sets of gossip girl

enough said

hereos will be out of buisnees by next seseaon then show will be rememberd as x men meets Smallville with "intellectualism" put in it

i rest my case

save the cheerleader save the show 1st

Smallville is better than Heroes because it has heart, fans care more about the characters, fewer and better developed, with humor, cooler villains, the opposite crap of Heroes with their 4 million per episode. SV has better SFX with a smaller budget, quality and creativity over quantity. Episodes like "Bride" have fans more excited than Heroes' next plot holes nightmare. :indy:

:super:

agree SV has much more loyal fans than Heroes

Heroes lost me after the season one finale, absolutely underwhelming.

Heroes lost me after the season one finale, absolutely underwhelming.

I don't see the relevance of this thread.....so what? Smallville debuted with about 9 million viewers and has lost half of its audience along the way. I guess that means it 50% of audience found it underwhelming so it's terrible....

They (Wb/NBC) don't care, so long as we buy the DVD's and their target demo's are being hit.

as for the "where does heroes budget go?" question, it is simple: heroes films in los angeles and sv films in canada. so the production cost is a lot less for sv.
Production costs don't differ THAT much between L.A. and Vancouver: Heroes would only save around $500,000 if it moved to Smallville Studios.

Going back to the acting, SV really does trump all of Heroes' so-called actors. Even when their characters are in the most ridiculous situations, they still make it convincing!

While season 2 was not as good as the first, it has gotten closer to form again and still significantly better than SV. Actually I'd still put season 2 as a whole up against any season of SV.:ikyn

I don't even know how to answer that, so I will not bother. To each their own.

Going back to the acting, SV really does trump all of Heroes' so-called actors. Even when their characters are in the most ridiculous situations, they still make it convincing!

IMO JG alone beat all acting crew of heroes alone

conesdering he has theatricakal background it's not surpsing he is that good

see him in Veritas where he breaksdown infront of Chloe u can really teel he is lossing his mind

depiate all corny dilauges or weak scripts SV actors get they still put their all in acting because let's face it TW seems like more in to his work than stardom and popularity that's why he is dedicated to his work and we don't see him renadomly appearing on some teeny bopper award showes and going to clubs having paprazzie taking his pictures

as for heroes who is that guy who plays sylar he always seem wooden and yea hayden panterine less said about her is better

Hard to compare such different worlds but:

Would SV on a major network even make it to a season 3????

I have my doubts and I watch SV every week. It can get away with a lack of continuity and sometimes go 3-4 crappy eps before we get a good one since the requirement for viewership is much lower.

I mean 3-5 million viewers is not asking a whole lot... Especially compared to what a network like "NBC" requires for primetime viewing.

Of course the SV we've seen on the WB would be very different than an SV on NBC due to a much larger budget. Higher qualified writers, actors, directors, etc...

Ironically enough, we almost did get Smallville on NBC. When WB was shopping the Smallville pilot around back in 2001, NBC wanted it and apparently made a very lucrative offer for it but WB decided to keep it in house figuring they could make more producing it then just licensing it.

as for the "where does heroes budget go?" question, it is simple:

heroes films in los angeles and sv films in canada. so the production cost is a lot less for sv. as we are seeing with the american car companies, the cost of making ANYTHING in america is waaaay expensive now. i drive a toyota and all i can say is that everything in it is made better than the crap that is in a ford or pontiac!

thats not the total difference. True there is some difference in what you pay the crews in LA vs Canada, but the actors (besides extras), directors, and writers rates are still the same no matter the locale. And both shows use SFX houses in the U.S.

I don't see the relevance of this thread.....so what?

some guy wrote an article on a web site, so people are talking about it. That tends to happen round these parts.

Smallville debuted with about 9 million viewers and has lost half of its audience along the way. I guess that means it 50% of audience found it underwhelming so it's terrible....

8.4 million to be exact. Heroes on the other hand at one point was hitting 16 million and is now down in the 7's...

They (Wb/NBC) don't care, so long as we buy the DVD's and their target demo's are being hit.

hence the reason Smallville is still on the air 8 years later

as for the "where does heroes budget go?" question, it is simple:

heroes films in los angeles and sv films in canada. so the production cost is a lot less for sv. as we are seeing with the american car companies, the cost of making ANYTHING in america is waaaay expensive now. i drive a toyota and all i can say is that everything in it is made better than the crap that is in a ford or pontiac!

i personally blame the unions. the simple fact is that they have shot the workers they represent in the foot by demanding too much. that is why A LOT of work is being outsourced to other countries. whether it be the info-line people for dell in india, or the soundtracks for films being recorded by orchestras in new zealand and prague. it is all downhill for us here in the states.

Also, Smallville never really has more than ten characters per episode, where Heroes tries to fit seventy three. The other forty nine appear the following week.

I agree with the topic. Smallville might have had some plot holes and ***** slaps to common sense at the start of this season but at least I was able follow it well enough to notice them. If I pick two random Heroes out of a hat, I can barely recall their histories of interaction and I'm left wondering "wait, what?" when Elle has to explain what happened to the Hatian to Mohinder. I don't even know how Ando became my favorite character anymore. Nor do I resPect their trying to erase season 2 from our collective memories instead of building off of it and delving deeper into the show. Finally, these apocalyptic scenarios they're trying to prevent are getting tiresome. What's next? Season 4's doomsday scenario will be the Palin administration?

But I guess Heroes' biggest problem is that it seems to take itself too seriously. For this reason it lacks the heart at SV's core. For all their powers and stories, nobody on Heroes has a "Legendary" feel to them as Clark or even Green Arrow do.

^^^ agree

however i like to see SV/heroes crossover

But I guess Heroes' biggest problem is that it seems to take itself too seriously. For this reason it lacks the heart at SV's core. For all their powers and stories, nobody on Heroes has a "Legendary" feel to them as Clark or even Green Arrow do.

Now this I completely agree on other than Hiro everything is so pretenious especially the voice over by Mohinder at the beginning of each ep.

Ironically enough, we almost did get Smallville on NBC. When WB was shopping the Smallville pilot around back in 2001, NBC wanted it and apparently made a very lucrative offer for it but WB decided to keep it in house figuring they could make more producing it then just licensing it.

It would be amazing to see a Superman series again on one of the big networks.

SV has been fine for what it is, but think bigger... Maybe scrap the movie sequel/reboot/whatever too and do another series. I'd like to see them combine ideas from different novels, really bring mythos forward. For example, starting the series out with a younger Jor-el and life on Krypton getting into a deep plot/story arc.

Wow. this thread sure brought some trolls out of the woodwork, didn't it? Did it originate somewhere else and get moved here?

I don't know how I stand on this. Heroes season one was simply amazing. But it's like NBC doesn't know what to do with a hit when they have it. They lost their mojo.

Smallville is great television. At least, it is this season. I was just about willing to give up on it by the end of last season. But Heroes was just as bad.

The difference between the two of them, is that Smallville turned itself around to have the best seasons since probably it's third. Heroes hasn't even found its own problems yet. And the thing about a major network, is they're not going to give them 2 bad seasons to figure it out...

^^^ also SV has adavantage of 70 year old character history

For example, starting the series out with a younger Jor-el and life on Krypton getting into a deep plot/story arc.

that's what i want

if there is spinn off on show it shouled be prequel of the show which is all about young jor-el and how he bacme great sceintist

That's an interesting idea, I've never though of that... but I'm on the fence, as I don't know which series I like better as I watch both weekly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"