Iron Man 3 Will the Mandarin survive Iron Man 3?

kaijunexus

Marvel Cinematic Universe
Reaction score
Marvel has been pretty up and down in terms of killing off their villains...

Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger - DEAD
Abomination - ALIVE
Anton Vanko/Whiplash - DEAD
Justin Hammer - ALIVE
Loki - ALIVE
Laufey - DEAD
Red Skull - ?

So, taking into consideration Ben Kingsley's age and potential interest in reprising his role as the Mandarin again, as well as Marvel's possible future plans for the character in the MCU...

Do you think the Mandarin will survive Iron Man 3?

I think he'll die, but it'll be ambiguous enough to allow for a return as future films warrant.

Most of Tony's cinematic enemies have a low survival rate. :word:

I certainly hope he survives.

I would love if he survives, since, depending on how they pull him off, Mandarin has potential to be the MCU's equivalent of Doctor Doom. However, knowing Ben Kingsley's age and the Iron Man movies' track record for villain survival, I'm going to take a guess and say he'll die by the end of the movie, or at the very least, not return for future movies.

I think he'll die, but it'll be ambiguous enough to allow for a return as future films warrant.

Most of Tony's cinematic enemies have a low survival rate. :word:

I agree with this. If they didn't kill off Loki or the Red Skull, I don't think they'll kill off the Mandarin.

Though Kingsley's age does complicate matters a bit.

I think the odds are he'll not be unambiguously killed. A Red Skull style fate isn't out of the question, though. Basically, I tend to assume Marvel usually won't kill its villains, since they haven't killed a main villain since IM2 ( I would hardly call Laufey the main villain of Thor ).

I hope they don't kill him off. Kingsley has shown an affinity for these types of movies in the past, so I think there is a good chance he would reprise his roll in an Avengers film, if he isn't killed off. Can you immagine a masters of evil group that had Madarin, Loki and Red Skull?

Toss the Leader in the mix and that'd be awesome.

Oh, and OP...Vanko in IM2 technically was an off-screen death as well though I seriously doubt they'll bring Roarke back after all the smack he'd been saying.

Toss the Leader in the mix and that'd be awesome.

I didn't really consider him a villain, since he has yet to officially become "The Leader".

Oh, and OP...Vanko in IM2 technically was an off-screen death as well though I seriously doubt they'll bring Roarke back after all the smack he'd been saying.

I considered that before I listed him as "DEAD", but with Rourke's public denouncement of the film and Whiplash being clearly okay with triggering his suit's self-destruct sequence while still inside it...I think it's safe to say he's deader than a door nail.

HOWEVER, that's not to say that "Whiplash" couldn't return. Several different characters have donned the moniker of "Whiplash" and the signature energy whips throughout the years in the comics, so there's no reason why someone couldn't do the same in the MCU...

Last edited:
Mandarin has died in the comics before but come back to life through various means. Even if he does seemingly die, who is to say he can't come back? And the simple answer to everything would be that it was an LMD. :hehe:

That's how Stane and others have survived.

And who the heck is Laufey?

Is he a movie villain?

yes? then he's probably gonna die...

Mandarin has died in the comics before but come back to life through various means. Even if he does seemingly die, who is to say he can't come back? And the simple answer to everything would be that it was an LMD. :hehe:

That's how Stane and others have survived.

And who the heck is Laufey?

See: "Thor."
Frost Giant King. The one Loki tested out his patented Spear-Through-Chest maneuver on, before Son of Coul in the Avengers. (Committing patricide in the process.)

Regarding Iron Man's defeat of the Mandarin, I wonder will it be a short scuffle or a lengthy brawl.

We know Mandarin's rings just control extremis tech, so how will Mandarin put up a fight once IM finds a way to stop him from controlling his armors? I say that because Mandarin doesn't have any powers or armor to defend himself against IM once that advantage is taken away.

I hope they don't kill him off. Kingsley has shown an affinity for these types of movies in the past, so I think there is a good chance he would reprise his roll in an Avengers film, if he isn't killed off. Can you immagine a masters of evil group that had Madarin, Loki and Red Skull?

Dude that would be too amazing for my eyes, I am literally praying that this happens during Avengers 2 or 3.

We know Mandarin's rings just control extremis tech, so how will Mandarin put up a fight once IM finds a way to stop him from controlling his armors? I say that because Mandarin doesn't have any powers or armor to defend himself against IM once that advantage is taken away.

Um...who knows that? I sure don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"