Wind River (by Sicario writer)

I'm late on this train guys but this movie was exceptional. This Taylor Sheriden guy is on a roll. His scripts are very simple, basic stories but the dialogue and sharp execution of it all makes it work so well. I loved the slow drama build and when the film climaxes, holy CRAP.

The only reason I may not rewatch this as much is because of a certain sequence that was really hard to watch and made me angry and uncomfortable but overall this was an exceptional film.

9/10.

I'm late on this train guys but this movie was exceptional. This Taylor Sheriden guy is on a roll. His scripts are very simple, basic stories but the dialogue and sharp execution of it all makes it work so well. I loved the slow drama build and when the film climaxes, holy CRAP.

The only reason I may not rewatch this as much is because of a certain sequence that was really hard to watch and made me angry and uncomfortable but overall this was an exceptional film.

9/10.

When people say "wow, I totally forgot about that scene!" when I write about this scene frequently in my end of the year posts I wonder what the hell is wrong with them. How do you forget THAT?

9/10.

The climax came out of nowhere, which made it even more intense.

For those who missed it, it's now on Netflix.

For those interested, Taylor Sheridan has written/directed Western TV series called Yellowstone, and it's coming out in June on the Paramount Network, starring Kevin Costner:

Yellowstone follows the violent world of the Duttons, a ranching family in Montana. Kevin Costner plays John Dutton, a violent rancher that must fend off land developers, an Indian reservation, and America’s first National Park.

[YT]suobrMPBLlo[/YT]

Also stars is Wes Bentley, Kelly Reilly, Luke Grimes, and Cole Hauser

EDIT: HR made a thread for it in the TV subsection
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=539823&highlight=yellowstone

For those who missed it, it's now on Netflix.

Not in Ireland :(. Really want to see it again, guess I'll have to get the Blu Ray.

Last edited:
Finally saw this...good flick. Saw Hell or High Water a couple months back. Might as well finally check out Sicario to keep the "belated Sheridan scripted movie viewing" train rolling, heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"