• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wonder Woman - The Movie

Zeu

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey, guys,

it's been a long time, how have you been? ^_^

I've been in geek heaven lately with all the talk about the Man of Steel movie and other DC titles possibly making the cut, which made me go:
"- What about a Wonder Woman movie?".
Hot super amazon brunette kicking ancient gods and beasts' butt, what's not to like, right?

Some folks say WW is too complicated but personally, I think it's a very simple story that can be remarkably easy to convert to movie format IF you cut or streamline a few of the (IMHO) unnecessary stuff.
So, for this exercise I decided to make a Wonder Woman movie.
In comic format, because I'm a comic artist first and foremost. ^_^
So, what do you say, you up for a little amazon fun?

For the opening prologue, picture the narration done with Galadriel's voice in the opening of Lord Of The Rings aaand... here we go.

WONDER WOMAN - In The name Of The Mother

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_101.jpg

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_102.jpg

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_103.jpg

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_104.jpg

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_105.jpg

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_106.jpg

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_107.jpg

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_108.jpg

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_109.jpg

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_110.jpg

I like it, but instead of them fleeing men, i would have them search for worthy battles that would take them to the edge of hades where the godess had be slain

I like it, but instead of them fleeing men, i would have them search for worthy battles that would take them to the edge of hades where the godess had be slain

Hey, I LIKE that.
In the old myths, they fought to defend Troy from the greeks.
So, one could argue that there is a precedent to amazons signing up for battles they deem worthy.

Ideias tenho mas tu fizeste este trabalho todo, està esplendido! gosto muito das armas e naves transparentes.

Obrigado, Shiva, a idea era tentar adaptar alguns dos conceitos do livro ao grande écran, ao mesmo tempo aproveitando para pôr em cena algumas das coisas que eu gostaria de ver - nomeadamente as amazonas a sulcarem os ares, fazendo ataques furtivos e desaparecendo de vista- .

Acho que Wonder Woman é essencialmente uma história àcerca das amazonas, esse grupo de leoas poderosas e imortais.
Os deuses, os monstros, se ela usa uma espada ou um lasso... isso vem depois.

I remember your art from...years back now I guess, still a fan. :up:

The writing is fairly solid, but I feel like the government is a little too eager to team up with the Amazons. Seems like they should have more reservations, more questions, etc.

Heay, Mee, thank you!
I remember you from waaaay back, too. :)
About the government, I thought about it too, bit there's a couple things:

- a bunch of gigantic beasts appears out of nowhere and starts destroying a carrier group. "Our weapons are ineffective". A bunch of girls steps in and saves their hide, I think they'd want to know who's behind the attack and would side with the only crew in town who seem able to deal with the threat

- I can't afford to get myself lost in the intricacies of the US government by telling a 2-3 issue storyarc, that's a whole lotta work hours working for free in a webcomic. i gotta tell the story in 20 plus pages or less, it's a 100-something minute movie.
Flash boom-bang-done.

- Time I lose analising why the suits do this or that is time I should be devoting to the amazons' character development.

- Maybe they have many-many more questions, but there's only so much panel real estate I can devote to them before this turns into talking heads.

- madam pres seems to be in on something, judging by the hand sign Kirke picked.

Ooh yeah I didn't realize there were constraints on the story length. I was going to see that it seemed like you were streamlining the plot a bit, that makes sense.

I feel like the movie would have to have a little bit more depth, especially with how the government treated Superman in Man of Steel, if it's going to be in that "universe."

But anyway, I'm nitpicking at a story that's not even finished haha, excited to seeing more. :up:

Wonder Woman - In The Name Of The Mother#15

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_115.jpg

I feel like why we never seen them or their world needs to be explained a bit and why they can now see the monsters and demons that they are fighting needs to be fleshed out too. As someone also said the government might need to be a bit more skeptical a la the way that the government treated Superman in MOS. But other than that really nice. Your origin to the Amazons is probably one of the best I've ever read.

Hey, Jaymes, thank you for your post and crits, you raise some very pertinent points.
I wish I could afford to add more pages to flesh out some of those aspects, especially the government's reaction to the sudden amazon presence in our world, I imagine many at the pentagon would be freaked out, especially given their firepower. The scientists at the Useya Mine Observatory who pick the neutrino emissions from the portals could use a scenne or two as well and Steve and his task force needed to find more things to do.
Von Gunther's Adler hyperspace ship that will eventually become supervillains in a sequel also could use more lines... God, there are SO many things I wish I could add to this story.
As-is, I can only add pretty much just the barebones exposition thrown here and there.

Amazing work, I am a great fan of comics and buy different ones from every trip I go, I sort of collect them. Like your style.

Hi, ColumbChris, thank you for your post, you are very kind. :)

WW_in_the_name_of_the_mother_117.jpg

I really-really tried to add the line "- My God, BEES!" ^_^

I really love Wonder Woman animated superhero film focusing on the superheroine of the same name.

I'd like to see a Wonder Woman movie. I suggest letting Joss Whedon have another crack at it. To play Wonder Woman, I'd like to see an actress like Salma Hayek or Penelope Cruz: beautiful, Amazonian, with great acting chops.

I'd love to see the process of one of your pages. Like, photo reference if you're using it, pencils and or blue lines. I'd be interested to see how it all comes together.

Looking great as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"