Worst Movie Title

The Rise of Skywalker.

Sorry, it's terrible. Not only has "the rise of" been done to death (seriously, it was even used in a subtitle for a Van Wilder sequel... a movie so bad they couldn't even convince Ryan Reynolds of all people to show up for a cameo), but it doesn't even make sense. There aren't any Skywalkers left except for Leia (who doesn't use the name and probably won't be in the movie much) and Kylo, who also doesn't use the name and even if he redeems himself at the end, he's still murdered a lot of people so it also doesn't really fit.

Has Gigli been mentioned? It's 100% Gigli.

The Rise of Skywalker.

Sorry, it's terrible. Not only has "the rise of" been done to death (seriously, it was even used in a subtitle for a Van Wilder sequel... a movie so bad they couldn't even convince Ryan Reynolds of all people to show up for a cameo), but it doesn't even make sense. There aren't any Skywalkers left except for Leia (who doesn't use the name and probably won't be in the movie much) and Kylo, who also doesn't use the name and even if he redeems himself at the end, he's still murdered a lot of people so it also doesn't really fit.

Palpatine's a Skywalker, though.

Palpatine's a Skywalker, though.
Reminds me of the thought that crossed my mind of Palpatine being the actual father of Anni Skywalker.

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part

"The second part" isn't needed. No wonder it underperformed.
The first one is so bad I'm surprised it performed well. At least the spin-off is really good.

Say what?

Yeah, that's news to me. If the movies are the only real canon then Palpatine was a sith lord moonlighting as a *****e bag senator, no actual relation to Anakin - although that immaculate conception stuff was just ****ing awful, I mean couldn't they come up with a better story than that ?

IMO "Attack of the Clones " is still the worst SW title ever, and a contender for worst title of all time.

IMO "Attack of the Clones " is still the worst SW title ever, and a contender for worst title of all time.
Titles like 12 Strong, Final Fantasy (cause of how far removed it is from those games), Dark Shadows, IT, I.T, Barbwire, Livewire, Quantum of Solace...
Are worse titles in my view.

Titles like 12 Strong, Final Fantasy (cause of how far removed it is from those games), Dark Shadows, IT, I.T, Barbwire, Livewire, Quantum of Solace...
Are worse titles in my view.

Quantum of Solace is a very strong contender for worst ever title. It's such a pretentious title, especially for a Bond film.
:barf:

I think Dark shadows was named for the TV show it was based on and Barb Wire was the title character's name - still not great titles. I guess Final Fantasy was just a marketing trick.

Yeah Quantum of Solace is a terrible title. Like, what the hell does that even mean? I know a lot of the Bond titles are kinda nonsensical but still... if you were to try and glean a meaning of that phrase, it would be “a required amount of consolation in a time of distress.” I guess you could interpret the consolation that Bond and Camille give each other throughout the film as the reason for going with that title? Obviously the villain network is called Quantum so that fits but using the full title just because it was the name of a Fleming short story (that, as I understand, the movie wasn’t based on) was just dumb.

Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One. Way too long and sounds inconsistent with the last 3 MI movies.

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) is still in the top of my list though.

In hindsight, X-Men Origins: Wolverine is pretty bad since it was basically the only X-Men movie that used "X-Men Origins" for the movie title.

I don't like The Marvels either. Sounds like a name for a band.

It should have been called Mission Impossible: A.I. of Sauron

If they wanted to use "Part One" for M:I they should've gone with a short one-word subtitle.
Like Mission: Impossible - Fallout, Part One.

I wish they kept this full title:

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

In hindsight, X-Men Origins: Wolverine is pretty bad since it was basically the only X-Men movie that used "X-Men Origins" for the movie title.

It just being called Wolverine (stand on your own especially when everyone knows they're related) at least sounds like a 5-10 times better movie.

X2 is really good but I do wish it had just been called X-Men 2, again the actually used title is still good but it sounds just a little too much like trying (too hard) to be more, or just, science fiction rather than superhero-y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"