Iron Man Sequels Would anyone like to see a Howard Stark movie?

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Would anyone like to see a Howard Stark movie? He came across as quite heroic in Captain America and seems to have a fascinating back story. It could be set during WWII and could be similar to the movie "The Aviator" but with more fantastical elements and could fill in certain blanks in the story, and could ultimately progress through the decades. It could show the world expo, how he met Maria and how she gave birth to Tony, and how Howard and Maria ultimately die in a plane crash.

It wouldn't have to be a superhero movie as such but could show everyday heroism of a normal man set in the Marvel universe. It wouldn't even take up the spot of a Marvel movie that could otherwise be made, since it isn't going to be a superhero movie. There are hundreds of films made in a year and surely there must be room for something like this?

I remember there was a script once where Tony would face off against his dad, who would turn into War Machine. That would've been a bad idea and wouldn't have allowed him to feature as a hero in Captain America. It's a good thing they didn't go down that route.

What do people think?

I'd like this it could be done cheap and Marvel could branch out.

Find a place to give Philips and Dum Dum a cameo and you got my support.

Nice. I agreed with TheIncredibleSK, it could be done cheap and released direct to video. Should be fun and interesting, he's a pretty awesome character, and it would be funny if we saw some classic Stark stuff that we see in Tony, with appearances by Chris Evans and reference to fondueing :D
But didn't he and Maria die in a car crash?

Howard Stark could work in an AGENTS OF ATLAS movie, showing the Marvel Cinema-verse in the 1950s.

I would be VERY interested in an Agents of Atlas movie, as they could use Yellow Claw as the villain, just calling him "The Claw." Then we will see that Marvel *can* do a "Chinese warlord supervillain" properly.

Last edited:
I think he could actually work in flashbacks in the SHIELD tv series. If they have a flashback episode on the formation of SHIELD or certain incidents that happened in the 1940s, he could guest star.

At the time I created this thread we didn't even know of the potential for a SHIELD tv series, but this would really be the best place for this character now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"